Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] PDF files

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 23, 2007
      Yes, I think you're saying what I'm saying.

      It's funny, I really like NoteTab, but I don't seem to use it a fraction of
      what others do. The only time I ever seem to have text files is when a
      program requires them (e.g. batch file, configuration files). For almost
      everything else I do, I seem to need formatting (e.g. Word) or data
      manipulation (e.g. Access or Excel). Very rarely simple text files.
      (Actually, I would use Excel at least 5:1 over Word or Access or NoteTab or
      anything else.)

      Regards, Dave S

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 23, 2007
        David Smart wrote:
        > Yes, I think you're saying what I'm saying.
        >
        > It's funny, I really like NoteTab, but I don't seem to use it a fraction of
        > what others do. The only time I ever seem to have text files is when a
        > program requires them (e.g. batch file, configuration files). For almost
        > everything else I do, I seem to need formatting (e.g. Word) or data
        > manipulation (e.g. Access or Excel). Very rarely simple text files.
        > (Actually, I would use Excel at least 5:1 over Word or Access or NoteTab or
        > anything else.)
        >
        > Regards, Dave S
        I use notetab over excel all day, every day, for data manipulation. It
        sorts, combines, strips, etc. etc.
      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 27, 2007
          "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> said on Dec 23, 2007 22:07
          -0500 (in part):
          > > (Actually, I would use Excel at least 5:1 over Word or Access or
          > NoteTab or
          > > anything else.)
          > >
          > > Regards, Dave S
          > I use notetab over excel all day, every day, for data manipulation. It
          > sorts, combines, strips, etc. etc.
          Dave, Don (just got back from visiting relatives over Christmas so I'm a
          couple of days behind)

          Notetab vs. Excel vs. Notetab - my frequent usage patterns is actually
          back-and-forth from Excel to Notetab.
          Copy a selection grid from Excel, paste into Notetab, manipulate with
          Regexp and/or clips, copy-ALL and paste back to Excel (sometimes several
          round trips to accomplish various sub-tasks)

          Very infrequently I dip into a little Basic from within Excel

          The two programs are (IMO) a perfect match!

          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail