Criticism ?

  • phil
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19 8:52 AM
      It seems as though we have some NoteTab/HTML smart guys active right now. I
      am looking for some active advice on my web site. www.comnett.net/~phil

      I have written a book, with very limited appeal, and I am selling it on the
      web.

      I am 73 years old, and have had no training on computers/notetab pro/ html.
      What
      I use I learned myself. In other words, any mistakes/stupids/etc. are my
      own. I
      have beern married to the same woman for 53 years, so I can take criticism.

      I wrote my site to sell the book, and also to LOAD FAST. I hate slow

      If any of you smart guys have time, go to my site and see what you think
      could be improved, and then tell me. I may not take your advice, but I will
      certainly work any thing you say into my pages to see what your adviced
      really does.

      I will appreciate any remarks, and thank you in advance for your help. (If
      any)

      Phil Edmunds
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19 3:58 PM

        Alle 08.52 Saturday 19/08/2000 -0700, phil ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

        Hello Phil!

        >It seems as though we have some NoteTab/HTML smart guys active right now. I
        >am looking for some active advice on my web site. www.comnett.net/~phil

        It looks nice and fast!
        There is only a minor problem: you don't define fonts for non-windows
        computers.
        For example, on the Macintosh the Arial is called Helvetica: if you miss it
        you see the page in the standard font (usually something like Times New Roman).
        Oh, BTW, you use pictures in a more than right way: instead of compressing
        them, you "stretch" them, so small pictures become bigger but download
        faster. Really good!
        I find another problem in question.html: you forget the closing </A> in the
        last links. This can cause strange behaviours.

        >I am 73 years old, and have had no training on computers/notetab pro/ html.
        >What I use I learned myself. In other words, any mistakes/stupids/etc. are my
        >own.

        What else can we say? Good job!

        > I have beern married to the same woman for 53 years, so I can take
        > criticism.

        I must wait until 2048 for the same target, but at that time I will be 88.
        Just curious: Islamic weddings give a cumulative total? Because if I
        convert to Islam and marry another 4 wifes can reach the target faster :)))

        >I wrote my site to sell the book, and also to LOAD FAST. I hate slow

        You too? Here in Italy we must pay more than 1$/hr to surf the net!

        Marco "not so smart or otherwise more rich" Bernardini
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19 5:45 PM
          Marco

          If you marry four more wives, you might not last until the end of the year!

          Ray Shapp