Remote "Clicker" for Presentations

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2007
      To All,

      Can anyone suggest a remote control for advancing slides in a PowerPoint
      presentation? A guest speaker came to our club recently and handed me her
      PowerPoint file on a thumb drive. I inserted the device into one of the USB
      ports on my laptop, and launched PowerPoint 2003. I was then amazed that the
      speaker was able to advance or backspace the slides in her presentation by
      using some kind of remote control device. I was not using any kind of docking
      device and I don't believe Bluetooth or the infrared port on my laptop are
      enabled.

      Can anyone guess what kind of device she was using and what is it called if I
      were to try to buy one online.

      My laptop is running WinXP Pro and Office 2003 advanced.

      Ray Shapp
    • alice ttlg
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2007
        On 11/19/07, Ray Shapp <ras45@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone suggest a remote control for advancing slides in a PowerPoint
        > presentation? A guest speaker came to our club recently and handed me her
        > PowerPoint file on a thumb drive. I inserted the device into one of the USB
        > ports on my laptop, and launched PowerPoint 2003. I was then amazed that the
        > speaker was able to advance or backspace the slides in her presentation by
        > using some kind of remote control device. I was not using any kind of docking
        > device and I don't believe Bluetooth or the infrared port on my laptop are
        > enabled.
        >
        > Can anyone guess what kind of device she was using and what is it called if I
        > were to try to buy one online.
        >
        > My laptop is running WinXP Pro and Office 2003 advanced.

        There are various remotes like that, they work just like a wireless
        mouse. The USB thumb drive she gave you may have also been the
        wireless receiver for the remote. You can find them in most computer
        stores or online.

        Amazon has some here:
        http://tinyurl.com/24as2n

        # 17 has the flash drive/receiver usb connection thingie like what
        you're describing and doesn't require any software installation.

        --
        alice ttlg

        Vox Populli, webhosting for fans
        http://www.populli.org/
        Glenfinnan, webhosting for everything else
        http://www.glenfinnanhosting.com/
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2007
          more like 16 and 20 I think
          they have storage space

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2007
            Hi Alice and Don,

            Thank you both for your replies. Apparently our speaker was using a "wireless
            presentation remote". Because of your help, I now know what to buy.

            Ray Shapp
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2007
              Hi
              I am guessing it would wireless around 2.4ghz, your machine if knew would
              probably have it.
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              > Can anyone suggest a remote control for advancing slides in a PowerPoint
              > presentation? A guest speaker came to our club recently and handed me her
              > PowerPoint file on a thumb drive. I inserted the device into one of the
              > USB
              > ports on my laptop, and launched PowerPoint 2003. I was then amazed that
              > the
              > speaker was able to advance or backspace the slides in her presentation by
              > using some kind of remote control device. I was not using any kind of
              > docking
              > device and I don't believe Bluetooth or the infrared port on my laptop are
              > enabled.
              >
              > Can anyone guess what kind of device she was using and what is it called
              > if I
              > were to try to buy one online.
              >
              > My laptop is running WinXP Pro and Office 2003 advanced.
              >
              > Ray Shapp
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • alice ttlg
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 20, 2007
                Amazon apparently reorganizes the results each time the page is
                displayed, when I clicked on the link just now, it's 19 & 21. :)