Re: [NTO] Image editors - which one to buy?

  • Jan-Arild L�kstad
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 15, 2000
      Hello Jim,

      Tuesday, August 15, 2000, 2:36:13 AM, you wrote:

      > Were I you, I would download and Tryout PhotoiImpact 5 Trial Version
      > from:
      >
      > http://www.ulead.com/
      >
      > before I bought one of the above, not that there is anything wrong
      > with any of them.

      Oops! I forgot about the great line of products Ulead offers. I will
      download PhotoImpact this very evening. Thanks a lot Jim for reminding
      me.

      > I think though you will find that PhotoiImpact 5 is head and
      > shoulders above the others. There is no comparison.

      In what way does it differ from the others? Do you care to elaborate
      this a little for a novice like me?

      --
      Best regards,
      Jan-Arild
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 15, 2000
        Hello Julie,

        Tuesday, August 15, 2000, 1:42:35 AM, you wrote:

        > Of the three programs above, I have only Used Paint Shop Pro.

        PSP is the only program I have used also (of the three), but I haven't
        used it since v 3.x (I think), so I guess it has changed quite a lot
        since then.

        > There is a new beta of version 7 that I downloaded today that has
        > what "they" call "new intelligent photo enhancement features".

        Sounds like it could be worth a download to try it out.

        > It's a humongous download,

        I'm not quite sure what "humongous" means (my command of English you
        know), but my guess is that it must mean something like "BIG" :)

        Yes it sure is. Close to 30MB isn't it? Until we all get real
        broadband connections, files bigger than 10-15MB is a pain to
        download. I have, however, downloaded files that has been about 50MB.

        Eric Fookes has made it very easy for us to choose among all the text
        editors out there, perhaps can be talked into start programming an
        image editor too.

        --
        Best regards,
        Jan-Arild
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 15, 2000

          Alle 00.46 Tuesday 15/08/2000 +0200, Jan-Arild Løkstad ha mandato a Marco
          questo messaggio:

          >...but I just can't make up my mind about which one of them to buy.

          Buy?
          Go to http://www.gimp.org for the main site of GIMP.
          At http://www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html there must be the new FREE
          Windows version of GIMP.
          It's like the Paint Shop Pro of Linux, with more features than PSP, and a
          nice mailing list support (just like NoteTab...)

          Bye!

          Marco Bernardini