Re: [NTO] creating text - pure ascii - files on a mac

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2007
      On 11/8/07, Bruce Meyers <oldguy1166@...> wrote:

      > Can anywho uses a mac tell me what to tell my friend about how to
      > create text files that I can convert to html with NoteTab?

      Use TextEdit to create the file and when he saves, add the .txt
      extension to the filename. That should do it. Or if they're on an
      older Mac, tell them to use SimpleEdit, they should have one program
      or the other - it's part of the basic Mac OS software.

      > Will a mac create a file with a .txt extention?

      Macs don't really care much about extensions but when saving the file,
      the user can put the .txt extension. The thing the user has to be
      careful about is just putting in plain text, no fancy stuff.

      I have had some weird flukes with some Mac users, that even when
      they're using exactly the same software I'm using on my Mac and follow
      all the same steps I do, the file still somehow comes out as not plain
      text. But usually there is no problem.

      --
      alice ttlg

      Vox Populli, webhosting for fans
      http://www.populli.org/
      Glenfinnan, webhosting for everything else
      http://www.glenfinnanhosting.com/
    • David Smart
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2007
        Don't know Macs well, but Google give me this:
        http://www.quality-books.com/fileconversions.htm

        ClarisWorks for Mac is the fourth topic.

        Regards, Dave S