Re: [NTO] Windows whining WAS: All shortcuts are not created equal

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 5, 2007
      Axel Berger wrote:
      >I can tell you that now:
      >Take a boot disk with DOS 7 (from Win98) and run FDISK. After
      >partitioning and formatting run a Win98SE setup.

      Axel, my first impulse was to follow your advice - almost. ;-) I
      spent an hour disabling things and it still doesn't look as I want.
      Then I turned it off and started my old machine. I'll save the
      questions for later. I was supposed to get a switch thing for the
      screen, keyboard and mouse, but the shop had forgotten about that.
      Too bothersome to go back and forth between the machines if you have
      to plug everything in and out manually, so I think I leave it until I
      get the switch. Something is wrong when you have a brand new machine,
      and for once a fairly good one too, and you don't even feel eager to
      play with it, isn't it?