Re: [NTO] spam

  • rosemary@sndc.demon.co.uk
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 10, 2007
      Axel-Berger@... wrote:
      > alice ttlg wrote:
      > > Filtering your incoming mail is much less intrusive to legitimate
      > > senders and a much better solution than challenge/response programs,
      > > imho.
      > Well said. There may be exceptions. I know a church warden with a well
      > known and frequently published address he can't easily change and who
      > gets 300 spam (spams? Is spam countable?) per day.
      > In the experience of all folks here: How do elderly fuddy-duddies who
      > just master email
      > copy with those challenges?
      > Axel

      We don't. We just delete them with glee! When we can remember....
    • Stan Blazejewski
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 10, 2007
        On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:32:18 +1000, you wrote:

        >On Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:54 AM
        >Ed Brown wrote:
        >
        >> In the distant past there was some (much) discussion on various anti spam
        >> programs.
        >
        >I've had MailWasher for years--not sure how many! It's great.

        Same here, highly recommended. There is a free version but it's well worth
        paying for the pro version. The best part of it is that it checks the mail 'at
        the ISP level' & junk/spam get deleted 'before' it get downloaded to your
        computer... great for the junk/spam that has large attachments.

        stanblaz@...
        www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)