Re: [NTO] Add Blog To Website

  • Hugo Paulissen
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2007
      >Basically if you name and place files for what they are rather than for
      >what you're using them for at the moment, you can completely rearrange
      >your pages without having to move stuff. Many companies and other big
      >organisations rubbish all your bookmarks every couple of months or so as
      >a matter if course. On my own site I provide forwarding files and even a
      >server redirect for those who might have bookmarked an ill-chosen
      >earlier arrangement of things.

      Hi Axel,

      That's where tags, categories and archives come into play: good
      blogsoftware organizes your entries according to your own specification,
      with paths and URLs completely to your own liking.

      I've been using Movable Type for a couple of years, not to write a blog
      for my own, but in order to provide students to maintain their own blog.
      At the time of selection MT was the most flexible solution, and one
      license/installation was capable of running multiple blogs with multiple
      authors. That may have changed, I do not follow the market anymore,
      since I'm not involved in that task anymore.

      Anyhow: MT was great, because it allowed the unskilled to create webpages
      (and upload documents) easily, whereas the skilled still were able to customize
      templates, css, page-arrangements etc.

      I never regretted my choice.

      Hugo

      BTW: I have used MT to create a regular website - this allowed other people
      to maintain the site without extensive training. This worked out very well.