[ntb-Off] Offer from Microsoft Office Live Basics - domain name, 500 MB storage (free) US addresses w/Credit Card only

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2007
      I found this while noodling around in (free) Microsoft Office Accounting
      2007.
      Available at: - Microsoft Office Live Basics
      http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officelive/FX101534261033.aspx?xid=mcrssaub0540003207mrt

      If you've read this far it made it through your SPAM filter!

      <snip>
      Microsoft Office Live Basics is the easy way to get started on the Web.
      If you have always wanted your own Web site, Microsoft Office Live has
      just made it easier — much easier.

      * Free domain name and Web hosting
      * Easy-to-use Web site design tools
      * 500 MB of Web site storage space
      * 25 company-branded e-mail accounts
      * Web site reports
      * Search advertising tool with $50 credit*
      </snip>

      Downside is they require entry of a credit-card number. They say to
      validate address.
      According to the site, a $1.00 charge will be put through to allow
      credit-card authorization and reversed in the same billing period so it
      doesn't appear on your bill.

      Real downside for ME is that they insist on a US. address which matches
      the address/expiry date/3-digit ID code recorded for the card.
      I live in Canada, (Aurora, ONT)
      My 1&1 free site expired 6 months ago (hard to believe it was three
      years ago I set it up).

      So .... does anyone trust me (and Microsoft) enough to let me create it
      using your address and credit card number?
      replies off-list to buralex AT gmail DOT com O:-)

      Or know of a comparable zero-cost option available to Canadians?
      replies to list :-)

      and if anyone in the USA takes them up on their offer (or has already)
      please post back to list.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail