Re: [NTO] NoteTab CSE update

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2007
      I wonder if our moderators should give in and move us to google groups?

    • buralex@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2007
        "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> said on Aug 10, 2007 16:26
        -0400 (in part):
        > I wonder if our moderators should give in and move us to google groups?

        I belong to a number of google-groups and they seem to be just as good
        as yahoo-groups and superior in at least a couple of ways.

        Now that yahoo-groups provide a competent search engine and have
        increased storage space per group its doing a pretty good job. The major
        downside of the search is that there is no way (AFAIK) to search
        cross-groups.
        ie. search for something that could be in any or all of Notetab,
        NTB-clips or NTB-HTML.

        I don't know whether anyone has figured out a reliable way to transfer
        history from Yahoo-groups to Google-groups?

        This google query: "Discussions
        <http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Guide/topics> > Managing
        Your Group <http://groups.google.com/group/Managing-Your-Group/topics> >
        converting my yahoo group into a google group?" finds one question with
        no answer. Probably there are answers out there but I didn't find them
        in a quick search :-(

        FWIW: I've got all Notetab groups archived in my gmail from February
        11th, 2005 to present and from Dec 2002 thru Feb 2006 saved as EML files
        on hard-disk but off-the-cuff I don't know of a way to get either to
        Google groups.

        Current Memberships:

        * Notetab -2309
        * Clips - 1515
        * HTML - 784
        * NRN - 428
        * NTO - 428
        * Aid4Mail - 264
        * Mailbag - 496
        * EzThumbs - 169
        * EzImager - 209
        * plus a few each in essentially dormant groups FS-Accessibility and
        NTB-scripts

        Julie: Are you "in charge" now? Any thoughts?
        > x222fbj wrote:
        >
        >> FYI - the sites searched by NoteTab CSE are listed below.
        >> AFAIK the CSE does a good job EXCEPT for searching the Yahoo Groups.
        >> If you find otherwise pls post (eg did not find X on URL y).
        >> Best to use the Yahoo Groups Search for searching Yahoo Groups.
        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

      • Julie
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2007
          At 8/11/2007 12:45 AM, buralex@... wrote:

          >Julie: Are you "in charge" now? Any thoughts?

          I've not used google groups, and ultimately the decision would be Eric's. :-)

          Julie