NoteTab CSE update

  • x222fbj
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2007
      FYI - the sites searched by NoteTab CSE are listed below.
      AFAIK the CSE does a good job EXCEPT for searching the Yahoo Groups.
      If you find otherwise pls post (eg did not find X on URL y).
      Best to use the Yahoo Groups Search for searching Yahoo Groups.

      NOTETAB CSE - SEARCHED URLs - 8-10-07
      *.fookes.com/*
      htmlfixit.com/blog/*
      *.notetab.com/*
      *.notetab.net/*
      *.sureword.com/notetab*
      junior.apk.net/~jbarta/notetab*
      www.notetab.com/*
      mcmains.com/wren/notetab*
      home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm
      www.saunalahti.fi/tonipex/*
      www.manuel123.8m.com/*
      www.notetab.net/*
      home.att.net/~ptools/main/*
      www.mcmains.com/wren/notetab*
      www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/8961/*
      members.tripod.com/~bokirs*
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2007
        I wonder if our moderators should give in and move us to google groups?

      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2007
          "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> said on Aug 10, 2007 16:26
          -0400 (in part):
          > I wonder if our moderators should give in and move us to google groups?

          I belong to a number of google-groups and they seem to be just as good
          as yahoo-groups and superior in at least a couple of ways.

          Now that yahoo-groups provide a competent search engine and have
          increased storage space per group its doing a pretty good job. The major
          downside of the search is that there is no way (AFAIK) to search
          cross-groups.
          ie. search for something that could be in any or all of Notetab,
          NTB-clips or NTB-HTML.

          I don't know whether anyone has figured out a reliable way to transfer
          history from Yahoo-groups to Google-groups?

          This google query: "Discussions
          <http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Guide/topics> > Managing
          Your Group <http://groups.google.com/group/Managing-Your-Group/topics> >
          converting my yahoo group into a google group?" finds one question with
          no answer. Probably there are answers out there but I didn't find them
          in a quick search :-(

          FWIW: I've got all Notetab groups archived in my gmail from February
          11th, 2005 to present and from Dec 2002 thru Feb 2006 saved as EML files
          on hard-disk but off-the-cuff I don't know of a way to get either to
          Google groups.

          Current Memberships:

          * Notetab -2309
          * Clips - 1515
          * HTML - 784
          * NRN - 428
          * NTO - 428
          * Aid4Mail - 264
          * Mailbag - 496
          * EzThumbs - 169
          * EzImager - 209
          * plus a few each in essentially dormant groups FS-Accessibility and
          NTB-scripts

          Julie: Are you "in charge" now? Any thoughts?
          > x222fbj wrote:
          >
          >> FYI - the sites searched by NoteTab CSE are listed below.
          >> AFAIK the CSE does a good job EXCEPT for searching the Yahoo Groups.
          >> If you find otherwise pls post (eg did not find X on URL y).
          >> Best to use the Yahoo Groups Search for searching Yahoo Groups.
          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

        • Julie
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 11, 2007
            At 8/11/2007 12:45 AM, buralex@... wrote:

            >Julie: Are you "in charge" now? Any thoughts?

            I've not used google groups, and ultimately the decision would be Eric's. :-)

            Julie