Re: Antw: Re: NoteTab and NT4 sp6a

  • Knut Külsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 9:25 AM
      Hi Jody!
      (now in the off-topic list!)

      > Hi Knut,
      > You can try 4.52 (write me at mailto:Jody@... if you need
      > one) which was the last version of NoteTab before we went to the
      > compressed executable.
      Yep!

      I already replyed Eric:
      > > I think Irfan View is also a Delphi application, and like
      > > NoteTab it is a compressed executable file.
      > Perhaps the 'compressed' part is a hint!
      > Is it possible for you to send me a _un_compressed notetab.exe?
      Any change for a *un*compressed Version 4.82??
      Perhaps the solution !!!!
      And a uncompressed / greater notetab.exe is not a problem at all (IMHO)
      :-)

      > If it works, then we are back to the
      > anti-virus issue that I mentioned way back when and Eric followed
      > up on. It could be that you need to shut it down via whatever
      > you use to start it on startup. Closing programs once they have
      > been started does not always release everything back to as state
      > like they were never run.
      O.K. - I'll begin to examine my system and
      start to kill all anti-virus stuff I'll find

      > If you would lets follow up with this on the Off-Topic list now.
      > Thanks!!!
      You're welcome
      :-)

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 9:58 AM
        Hi Knut,

        >> Perhaps the 'compressed' part is a hint!
        >> Is it possible for you to send me a _un_compressed notetab.exe?
        > Any change for a *un*compressed Version 4.82??
        > Perhaps the solution !!!!
        > And a uncompressed / greater notetab.exe is not a problem at
        > all (IMHO) :-)

        I realize that would please you, but it would be a lot of work
        for him the way I understand it. You would also have to get
        other programmers using compressed .exe files to do the same.
        Perhaps you can write your virus software people and have them
        fix the problem if it is indeed the problem.

        Was 4.81 working for you before you upgraded?

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...