Re: [NTO] Mail to a List

  • Robert Romberger
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 4, 2007
      On 3 Jun 2007 at 20:01, Axel Berger wrote:

      > Robert Romberger wrote:
      > > One of the things it does well is to set up and send out
      > > distribution lists (mailing lists just like you describe).
      > > Check it out, it may well do what you want.
      >
      > I'm, pretty convinced it won't. Every decent mailer can do that, but
      > whatever program you use, your own ISP, i.e. the one whose SMTP you use,
      > will always see the complete list of recipients whatever field they are
      > placed into. Which is why I suggested using another SMTP by another
      > prvider for the purpose of those mails.

      RTFM. There is a difference between sending out a list with one message and many
      recipients (multiple To:, Cc:, and/or Bcc:) and a list that puts out one message per recipient.
      That is a distribution list in Pegasus - one message per recipient of the list. To the ISP, you
      are sending out a bunch of individual e-mails. What you did was write one message and
      send it to your distribution list. Each recipient receives the message addressed to them
      without seeing the rest of the distribution list addresses. Yes, Pegasus has a simple SMTP
      component built in.

      --
      Robert
      http://www.mystickeep.com