Vista issue found -WAS- Re: [NTO] Re: DOS Programs on LCDs XP and Vista

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2007
      Here is the MSKB on Vista. This answers my Dad's issue.

      16-bit DOS apps on Vista are NOT supported in full screen mode.

      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926657

      It suggests loading the XP video drivers. I'll just tell my Dad he has
      to live with it. Maybe I can get him to go to a new program for his
      addresses. He can dump them to a CSV file, and import to anything, so I
      think that issue is solved.

      Now on to the XP issue.

      The search term I used this time is

      full-screen command prompt

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 11 , May 29, 2007
        Larry Hamilton wrote:
        > Here is the MSKB on Vista. This answers my Dad's issue.
        >
        > 16-bit DOS apps on Vista are NOT supported in full screen mode.
        >
        > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926657
        >
        > It suggests loading the XP video drivers. I'll just tell my Dad he has
        > to live with it. Maybe I can get him to go to a new program for his
        > addresses. He can dump them to a CSV file, and import to anything, so I
        > think that issue is solved.

        CSVed is pretty darn nice for such things!