Re: [NTO] Re: DOS Programs on LCDs XP and Vista

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2007
      BINGO!

      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197538

      Well, almost. This is for NT and directs to the NT service pack. This
      must be what the VGA.sys third party fix is for.

      This is similar to what clients are experiencing on XP Pro. I believe
      this is also what my Dad has on Vista Home.

      I'll keep at it and if there is another solution besides this third
      party fix, I'll let you know.

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 11 , May 29, 2007
        Here is the MSKB on Vista. This answers my Dad's issue.

        16-bit DOS apps on Vista are NOT supported in full screen mode.

        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926657

        It suggests loading the XP video drivers. I'll just tell my Dad he has
        to live with it. Maybe I can get him to go to a new program for his
        addresses. He can dump them to a CSV file, and import to anything, so I
        think that issue is solved.

        Now on to the XP issue.

        The search term I used this time is

        full-screen command prompt

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 29, 2007
          Larry Hamilton wrote:
          > Here is the MSKB on Vista. This answers my Dad's issue.
          >
          > 16-bit DOS apps on Vista are NOT supported in full screen mode.
          >
          > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926657
          >
          > It suggests loading the XP video drivers. I'll just tell my Dad he has
          > to live with it. Maybe I can get him to go to a new program for his
          > addresses. He can dump them to a CSV file, and import to anything, so I
          > think that issue is solved.

          CSVed is pretty darn nice for such things!