Re: [NTO] DOS Programs on LCDs XP and Vista

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2007
      You need to get a bit more information. E.g. what does "it will not run
      full screen" mean? Does it mean that it won't change its display mode at
      all, and still continues to display in a window? Or does it mean that it
      goes full screen and the monitor can't cope with it?

      My XP Pro's go (nearly) full screen on my Dell 17" LCDs at home and
      completely full screen on my wife's Dell 19" LCD. My XP pro at work also
      goes full screen (or nearly full screen - I don't remember, and I'm not
      there today). Don't know about your dad's Vista, but your client's XP
      shouldn't have problems.

      AFAIK the resolution used for full-screen DOS windows will be the same
      resolution used by the BIOS as the computer boots. If you can see that OK,
      then your graphic card and monitor are comfortable with text resolution (80
      x 25 characters) windows.

      What happens when you try a CRT monitor on your client's computer? That
      will certainly tell you whether it's CRT-related or not.

      Regards, Dave S

      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2007
        Hi
        have not used vista but if this DOS program has an icon on the desktop,
        click on the properties page and set full screen not in widow, hit apply
        ,next time you start full screen.
        THANKYOU DAVE M