Re: [NTO] Jim Hall is gone

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14 8:13 PM
      I had forgotten that I met Jim here. We got into a private conversation over the merits of XP that was just being released and the fact that I actually am a Hall also. But on checking our genealogy we were not related. We discussed family matters and discovered we both had some relatives with the same first name in the Hall Family Tree. But where Jim really helped me out was getting me to use XP Pro. I have tried to email him at his email address for the last 8 or 9 months.

      Never came back but he never answered either. I thought it might be his work address, and probably he no longer worked there. While it was going through no one bothered to answer. Basically he said when a new OS comes out everyone has a friend who had a friend that knew why it would not work, would ruin your computer and was not safe to use etc. etc.

      I altho it has been along time since I started emailing him, I have kept that email and smiled as I see the same posts in Vista that was there about XP. Jim as usual was alway right. I will miss him, I have had several online friends die and it is always very sad and touches me deeply. I grieve with his family. Is there any place we could send a card, I would like the family to know how much Jim meant to me.
      Ed