XP as Windows 98

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2007
      I know that you can set XP to act like it was Win98/95 to run older programs. I have used this before but now I cannot locate the way to do this. Someone clue me in.
      Thanks
      ed
      He who can laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

    • alice ttlg
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2007
        On 3/22/07, Edward <ebrown1927@...> wrote:
        > I know that you can set XP to act like it was Win98/95 to run older programs. I have used this before but now I cannot locate the way to do this. Someone clue me in.

        Find the program .exe file (usually somewhere in My Computer > Drive C
        > Program Files > whatever program you're running), right-click and
        choose Properties. Then click on the "Compatibility" tab. There's a
        box to check, "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose
        the Win version you want.

        --
        alice ttlg

        LJ: http://alicettlg.livejournal.com/