Re: [NTB] Jody passed away last night...

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2007
      While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
      Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
      when people ask me about one of the most useful software
      tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
      Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
      software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
      -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
      inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
      soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
      respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

      As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
      will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
      to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
      loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
      must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
      loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

      Scott
    • K B
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 28, 2007
        Eric,

        I purchased NoteTab Pro very early in my Internet experience, and as I paid
        by check Jody was involved from the very beginning. Through my involvment on
        the lists and also personal correspondance I felt I came to know Jody well.

        Those of us who knew Jody will remember his dedication and spirit. I have
        faith that there will be a time when all things are made perfect.

        My condolences go out to to you, the family, and all who grieve.

        Karen

        On 2/28/07, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
        > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
        > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
        > is now with the Lord.

      • oto
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
          Jody is always here, a true teacher, dedicated.
          Integrity never disappears.

          Guy
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
            Hi everyone,

            Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
            sent the following details about the funeral:

            **********************
            Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
            Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
            Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
            will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
            **********************

            Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
            Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2, 2007
              Hi everyone,

              Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
              something else:

              Mrs. Doreen Adair
              10535 Pinewood Lane
              Milton, FL 32583
              USA

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/
            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 6, 2007
                Hi everyone,

                Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
                message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

                Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

                And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
                http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/