Re: Jody passed away last night...

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2007
      I'm very sorry to hear this and extend my condolences to all of Jody's
      close family and friends.

      John

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
      > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
      > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I
      believe he
      > is now with the Lord.
      >
      > The very first message I received from Jody was on May 10, 1997. Since
      > then there has been a flood of emails between us that never stopped
      > until end of January 2007 when he was rushed to hospital.
      >
      > Looking through my email archives I found that Jody started the first
      > NoteTab mailing list in October 1997. He started handling some NoteTab
      > sales (checks, money orders) in spring 1998 and officially became a
      > member of the Fookes Software team. Then around November 1998, Jody
      > started handling NoteTab customer support and has done so faithfully
      for
      > all Fookes Software titles until last month.
      >
      > I only met Jody once in person. That was in July 2000 when I invited
      him
      > to join me at the Shareware Industry Conference in Tampa. NoteTab Light
      > was announced the winner of the 2000 "Shareware Industry Awards" in the
      > Best Application category during that event. It was thrilling to
      > celebrate the award together. Unfortunately, I haven't had the
      > opportunity to return to the USA since then.
      >
      > Fookes Software won't be quite the same anymore without Jody.
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      >
      > Eric Fookes
      > http://www.fookes.com/

    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 28, 2007
        While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
        Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
        when people ask me about one of the most useful software
        tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
        Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
        software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
        -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
        inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
        soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
        respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

        As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
        will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
        to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
        loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
        must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
        loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

        Scott
      • K B
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 28, 2007
          Eric,

          I purchased NoteTab Pro very early in my Internet experience, and as I paid
          by check Jody was involved from the very beginning. Through my involvment on
          the lists and also personal correspondance I felt I came to know Jody well.

          Those of us who knew Jody will remember his dedication and spirit. I have
          faith that there will be a time when all things are made perfect.

          My condolences go out to to you, the family, and all who grieve.

          Karen

          On 2/28/07, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
          > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
          > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
          > is now with the Lord.

        • oto
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
            Jody is always here, a true teacher, dedicated.
            Integrity never disappears.

            Guy
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
              Hi everyone,

              Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
              sent the following details about the funeral:

              **********************
              Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
              Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
              Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
              will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
              **********************

              Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
              Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/
            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 2, 2007
                Hi everyone,

                Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
                something else:

                Mrs. Doreen Adair
                10535 Pinewood Lane
                Milton, FL 32583
                USA

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/
              • Eric Fookes
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 6, 2007
                  Hi everyone,

                  Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
                  message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

                  Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

                  And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
                  http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

                  Eric Fookes
                  http://www.fookes.com/