Jody is in hospital

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 22 7:05 AM
      Hi everyone,

      I have received permission from Jody's wife to give you information
      about his health situation.

      Jody was rushed to hospital at the beginning of the month and has been
      diagnosed with last stage cancer. he has been moved to the hospice a few
      days ago. According to his wife, Doreen, Jody won't be returning home.
      If you would like to send Jody something or visit him, his address is as
      follows:

      Joseph Adair Rm. #302
      West FL Hospital
      8383 N. Davis Hwy.
      Pensacola, FL 32514

      If you want to make a donation to help out Jody and his family, you can
      do so to Doreen's PayPal account: w8n4him@...

      Here's an extract of the latest news I have received from Doreen:

      ************
      Jody is still pretty alert, and even walks to the bathroom. Most of his
      memory is coming back. He complains of pain every time he is awake. The
      Dr. says that they have to gradually increase the pain meds.

      Jody was confused why he was in the hospital, and that no one seemed to
      be trying to cure him of his pain. He kept talking about going home, so
      I had to tell him why he was there. This way he could tell me if there
      is anything special that he needs done, such as funeral services. I
      brought him his laptop, but he couldn't remember his password to log on.
      If he has a really good day soon, he will probably use the laptop. Maybe
      you will receive a message from him!
      ************

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 23 8:20 AM
        Hi everyone,

        Here's the latest news from Jody's wife:

        I stayed with Jody all day yesterday, and all he did was sleep. I just
        called the hospice this morning and they said he slept all night, too.
        If he continues sleeping, it will signal that he is much closer to
        passing on.
        Yesterday, he woke up just long enough to have one bite of food, but
        spit it out after a minute. He is drinking very little liquids now, too.
        Hospice will not interfere with force feeding him(such as a tube), since
        he is terminal. He sleeps well, so I believe he is at least out of pain.
        He is ready to meet the Lord, and will be happy when that day comes.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/
      • gkluther
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 24 10:38 AM
          May the Lord's blessings be with Jody's family. Jody will be sorely missed.
          He has been the backbone of the forum.

          --
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
          sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

          "Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to
          accept God's final word on where your lips end." - Jerry Seinfeld

        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 28 7:44 AM
            Hi everyone,

            I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
            (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
            missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
            is now with the Lord.

            The very first message I received from Jody was on May 10, 1997. Since
            then there has been a flood of emails between us that never stopped
            until end of January 2007 when he was rushed to hospital.

            Looking through my email archives I found that Jody started the first
            NoteTab mailing list in October 1997. He started handling some NoteTab
            sales (checks, money orders) in spring 1998 and officially became a
            member of the Fookes Software team. Then around November 1998, Jody
            started handling NoteTab customer support and has done so faithfully for
            all Fookes Software titles until last month.

            I only met Jody once in person. That was in July 2000 when I invited him
            to join me at the Shareware Industry Conference in Tampa. NoteTab Light
            was announced the winner of the 2000 "Shareware Industry Awards" in the
            Best Application category during that event. It was thrilling to
            celebrate the award together. Unfortunately, I haven't had the
            opportunity to return to the USA since then.

            Fookes Software won't be quite the same anymore without Jody.

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/
          • RS
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 28 9:18 AM
              Hi Eric, Everyone,

              I'm very sad to hear about Jody. Please extend my sympathies to his family.

              He's been an invaluable help to so many people all these years, heading
              a user's group that defined an era, and organizing and consolidating a
              loyal user base around NoteTab.

              He will be remembered by everyone on these lists.

              Best regards,

              Ramon Silvera

              On 2007/02/28 10:44, you wrote:
              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
              > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
              > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
              > is now with the Lord.

            • John Zeman
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 28 12:44 PM
                I'm very sorry to hear this and extend my condolences to all of Jody's
                close family and friends.

                John

                --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

                > Hi everyone,
                >
                > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
                > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
                > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I
                believe he
                > is now with the Lord.
                >
                > The very first message I received from Jody was on May 10, 1997. Since
                > then there has been a flood of emails between us that never stopped
                > until end of January 2007 when he was rushed to hospital.
                >
                > Looking through my email archives I found that Jody started the first
                > NoteTab mailing list in October 1997. He started handling some NoteTab
                > sales (checks, money orders) in spring 1998 and officially became a
                > member of the Fookes Software team. Then around November 1998, Jody
                > started handling NoteTab customer support and has done so faithfully
                for
                > all Fookes Software titles until last month.
                >
                > I only met Jody once in person. That was in July 2000 when I invited
                him
                > to join me at the Shareware Industry Conference in Tampa. NoteTab Light
                > was announced the winner of the 2000 "Shareware Industry Awards" in the
                > Best Application category during that event. It was thrilling to
                > celebrate the award together. Unfortunately, I haven't had the
                > opportunity to return to the USA since then.
                >
                > Fookes Software won't be quite the same anymore without Jody.
                >
                > --
                > Regards,
                >
                > Eric Fookes
                > http://www.fookes.com/

              • Scott Fordin
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 28 1:06 PM
                  While Eric is the heart and brain behind the Fookes line,
                  Jody was the soul of the Notetab community. So many times,
                  when people ask me about one of the most useful software
                  tools around, Notetab Pro, I invariably talk about the
                  Notetab community. Besides the technical excellence of the
                  software, it is the community that truly sets Notetab apart
                  -- making it not just a tool, but a place where supportive,
                  inquisitive minds have been meeting for years. Jody was the
                  soul that kept this community on track, focused, sympathetic,
                  respectful, responsive, helpful, and remarkably active.

                  As much as many of us were helped by Jody over the years and
                  will very much miss his kind spirit, our pain at his loss has
                  to pale against the pain you must be feeling, Eric, at the
                  loss of your friend and colleague, and the pain Jody's family
                  must be feeling right now. I am so sorry for your and their
                  loss. Peace be with you and with Jody's family.

                  Scott
                • K B
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 28 8:41 PM
                    Eric,

                    I purchased NoteTab Pro very early in my Internet experience, and as I paid
                    by check Jody was involved from the very beginning. Through my involvment on
                    the lists and also personal correspondance I felt I came to know Jody well.

                    Those of us who knew Jody will remember his dedication and spirit. I have
                    faith that there will be a time when all things are made perfect.

                    My condolences go out to to you, the family, and all who grieve.

                    Karen

                    On 2/28/07, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

                    > Hi everyone,
                    >
                    > I am sad to announce that Jody passed away last night at around 2 am
                    > (Florida time). Jody was a very good friend and he will be greatly
                    > missed. I am happy though that he's no longer suffering and I believe he
                    > is now with the Lord.

                  • oto
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
                      Jody is always here, a true teacher, dedicated.
                      Integrity never disappears.

                      Guy
                    • Eric Fookes
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
                        Hi everyone,

                        Thanks for all the kind messages concerning Jody. His wife, Doreen, just
                        sent the following details about the funeral:

                        **********************
                        Jody's funeral will be held next Wednesday, March 7 at 12 noon at Lewis
                        Funeral Home in Milton on Hwy. 90. The burial will be at Barrancas
                        Cemetery in Pensacola at 2 pm. On Tuesday, March 6, the funeral home
                        will be open for visitors from 6-8 pm.
                        **********************

                        Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event due to visa issues.
                        Perhaps one of you lives nearby and would like to attend the funeral?

                        Eric Fookes
                        http://www.fookes.com/
                      • Eric Fookes
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 2, 2007
                          Hi everyone,

                          Here is the home address of Jody's wife if you want to send a card or
                          something else:

                          Mrs. Doreen Adair
                          10535 Pinewood Lane
                          Milton, FL 32583
                          USA

                          Eric Fookes
                          http://www.fookes.com/
                        • Eric Fookes
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 6, 2007
                            Hi everyone,

                            Here is the email address of Jody's wife if you want to write her a
                            message: Doreen Adair <w8n4him@...>

                            Spelling it out the address is w8n4him at earthlink dot net.

                            And here is a copy of Jody's obituary:
                            http://www.fookes.com/Jody_obituary.php

                            Eric Fookes
                            http://www.fookes.com/