Interix (Windows Services for Unix)

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2007
      Is anyone here running Microsoft Interix (Windows Services for Unix)?
      It runs in several Windows enviroments (including XP Pro, but not XP
      Home) and is a free download. It is not an emulator, but a native
      windows service running at the same level as Win32. I've loaded it and
      am trying to get acclimated, but since I don't know much about
      networking or Unix, I'm a bit lost. For example, I think I need to do
      something for the user mapping to work properly. Files created or
      copied through the Windows explorer are not getting the right
      permissions for accessing them in a Korn shell console window.

      Regards,
      Sheri