Re: [NTO] Question regarding email address

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      On 2/1/07, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

      > Although I've never done this I have read about it, I think it's called
      > "spoofing", a gentle term for lying about an email address.

      Not necessarily. You can register a domain and set it up for email
      access only, no website, no working url and you're not spoofing, you
      just have only email on the domain.

      GoDaddy offers this service, they'll host email service on your domain
      for some small annual fee, you wouldn't have a working website but
      email would work fine.

      --
      alice ttlg

      LJ: http://alicettlg.livejournal.com/
      Vox Populli: http://www.populli.org/
    • Margaret Penfold
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2007
        I paid for two email addresses which I rather liked
        grannypenfold@....
        margaretpenfold@...
        I no longer use them though as messages I sent, using these addresses,
        are filtered into people's spam folders without the recipients having a
        chance to read them

        Regards,

        Margaret