Re: Re: [NTO] Internet-Explorer editor

  • M.M.
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
      Hello,
      Thanks again.
      Well, I will accept your advise and leave it as is, as long as I can use
      "Notetab" as the editor - I got used to it!

      With your permition I would like to ask you something else:
      I have two PC's, each one has two hard disks, on one disk is the operating
      system and the second disk has only data in it. Now I have to switch the
      (second) disks between both computers, mainly because of space.
      Both operating systems are same (xp pro), and the interface in both is EIDE.
      Besides the mechanical and electrical uninstall and reinstall and making the
      bios detect and recognize the "new"
      disks, is there anything else I have to do?
      Some info:
      All the disks are "FAT32" (even the main),
      the two to be switched are 40GB and 120GB, both are devided into 4 and 5
      partitions, and as I mentioned above they contain only data.
      Both are the same make "Western Digital" (if it makes any differance)
      I would like to have some advise.
      Thanks in advance
      Mordechai

    • prog@lomascentral.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
        The easiest way is to get hold of a couple of disc caddies, they fit
        into the 5.25" bay, fit one disc into each and you can swap at will
        without the hassle of opening up your machine.

        They don't make then hot-swappable of course :-)

        Tim

        M.M. wrote:

        > Hello,
        > Thanks again.
        > Well, I will accept your advise and leave it as is, as long as I can use
        > "Notetab" as the editor - I got used to it!
        >
        > With your permition I would like to ask you something else:
        > I have two PC's, each one has two hard disks, on one disk is the operating
        > system and the second disk has only data in it. Now I have to switch the
        > (second) disks between both computers, mainly because of space.
        > Both operating systems are same (xp pro), and the interface in both is EIDE.
        > Besides the mechanical and electrical uninstall and reinstall and making the
        > bios detect and recognize the "new"
        > disks, is there anything else I have to do?
        > Some info:
        > All the disks are "FAT32" (even the main),
        > the two to be switched are 40GB and 120GB, both are devided into 4 and 5
        > partitions, and as I mentioned above they contain only data.
        > Both are the same make "Western Digital" (if it makes any differance)
        > I would like to have some advise.
        > Thanks in advance
        > Mordechai
        >
        > On 1/21/07, Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz@...
        > <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>> wrote:
        > >
        > > That would require editing the registry (NOT a safe thing to be doing) &
        > > unless
        > > it 'really' bothers you, I would leave it alone..... who knows, you may
        > > want to
        > > use one of the other editors later on.
        > >
        > > On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:28:26 +0200, you wrote:
        > >
        > > >Hello,
        > > >THANKS!! it WORKED!!
        > > >But I will continue and ask: How do I remove all the others (Excell,
        > > Notepad
        > > >and Word) to leave only Notetab to be the only editor, with its icon in
        > > >place - not under the black arrow with others in the list?
        > > >Thanks again
        > > >Mordechai
        > > >

        > > >On 1/20/07, Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz@...
        > <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>>

        > > programs.
        > > Excel,
        > > click
        > > search
        > please
        > <m.mordechai%40gmail.com> <m.mordechai%
        > > 40gmail.com>

        > <stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspac
        > > e.net.au>

        > > >Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >

        > > --
        > >
        > > Australia isn't "down under", it's "off to one side"!
        > >
        > > stanblaz@... <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>
        > <stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>
        > > www.cobracat.com (home of the Australian Cobra Catamaran)
        > > www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)

      • Al ~Albaby~ Guevara
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
          How about REAL EASY and putting it in a external USB or Firewire case?

          Al

          From: prog@...
          To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [NTO] Internet-Explorer editor

          >The easiest way is to get hold of a couple of disc caddies, they fit
          >into the 5.25" bay, fit one disc into each and you can swap at will
          >without the hassle of opening up your machine.

          >They don't make then hot-swappable of course :-)

          >Tim

          >M.M. wrote:
          >>

          >> Hello,
          >> Thanks again.
          >> Well, I will accept your advise and leave it as is, as long as I can use
          >> "Notetab" as the editor - I got used to it!
          >>
          >> With your permition I would like to ask you something else:
          >> I have two PC's, each one has two hard disks, on one disk is the operating
          >> system and the second disk has only data in it. Now I have to switch the
          >> (second) disks between both computers, mainly because of space.
          >> Both operating systems are same (xp pro), and the interface in both is EIDE.
          >> Besides the mechanical and electrical uninstall and reinstall and making the
          >> bios detect and recognize the "new"
          >> disks, is there anything else I have to do?
          >> Some info:
          >> All the disks are "FAT32" (even the main),
          >> the two to be switched are 40GB and 120GB, both are devided into 4 and 5
          >> partitions, and as I mentioned above they contain only data.
          >> Both are the same make "Western Digital" (if it makes any differance)
          >> I would like to have some advise.
          >> Thanks in advance
          >> Mordechai
          >>
          >> On 1/21/07, Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz@...
          >> <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > That would require editing the registry (NOT a safe thing to be doing) &
          >> > unless
          >> > it 'really' bothers you, I would leave it alone..... who knows, you may
          >> > want to
          >> > use one of the other editors later on.

          >> > Notepad

          >> <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>>

          >> > programs.
          >> > Excel,
          >> > click
          >> > search
          >> please
          >> <m.mordechai%40gmail.com> <m.mordechai%
          >> > 40gmail.com>

          >> <stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspac
          >> > e.net.au>

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
            Hi
            find a USB to IDE box you can buy them ,stick you drive in you should have
            SP2 OR if both machines have network cards obtain crossover red cable plug
            them together and share the larger drive and away you go.
            THANKYOU DAVE M