Internet-Explorer editor

  • M.M.
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 19, 2007
      Hello,
      In a new PC, installed win xp pro and MS office, and some other programs.
      Right now there are 3 options as Internet-explorer editors : Word, Excel,
      and Notepad.
      I would like very much to make Notetab the only editor, but when I click the
      small black arrow near the editor's symbol, there is no place to search for
      another program or remove any of the three mentioned above.
      Even in the "Tools -> programs" of the IE I cannot change it.
      Please point to a place where are instructions how to do it, or please
      somebody will answer with instructions.
      Thanks in advance
      Mordechai
      m.mordechai@...

    • Stan Blazejewski
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 19, 2007
        That's very simple & already built into NoteTab....

        What you need to do is open your clipbook (press F4) and make sure Utilities is
        selected. Scroll down to the bottom & you'll see 'NoteTab Shortcuts' .... just
        double click on the ones you want (usually all of them).

        On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:38:54 +0200, you wrote:

        >Hello,
        >In a new PC, installed win xp pro and MS office, and some other programs.
        >Right now there are 3 options as Internet-explorer editors : Word, Excel,
        >and Notepad.
        >I would like very much to make Notetab the only editor, but when I click the
        >small black arrow near the editor's symbol, there is no place to search for
        >another program or remove any of the three mentioned above.
        >Even in the "Tools -> programs" of the IE I cannot change it.
        >Please point to a place where are instructions how to do it, or please
        >somebody will answer with instructions.
        >Thanks in advance
        >Mordechai
        >m.mordechai@...

        stanblaz@...
        www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
      • M.M.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 20, 2007
          Hello,
          THANKS!! it WORKED!!
          But I will continue and ask: How do I remove all the others (Excell, Notepad
          and Word) to leave only Notetab to be the only editor, with its icon in
          place - not under the black arrow with others in the list?
          Thanks again
          Mordechai

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 20, 2007
            That would require editing the registry (NOT a safe thing to be doing) & unless
            it 'really' bothers you, I would leave it alone..... who knows, you may want to
            use one of the other editors later on.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
              Hello,
              Thanks again.
              Well, I will accept your advise and leave it as is, as long as I can use
              "Notetab" as the editor - I got used to it!

              With your permition I would like to ask you something else:
              I have two PC's, each one has two hard disks, on one disk is the operating
              system and the second disk has only data in it. Now I have to switch the
              (second) disks between both computers, mainly because of space.
              Both operating systems are same (xp pro), and the interface in both is EIDE.
              Besides the mechanical and electrical uninstall and reinstall and making the
              bios detect and recognize the "new"
              disks, is there anything else I have to do?
              Some info:
              All the disks are "FAT32" (even the main),
              the two to be switched are 40GB and 120GB, both are devided into 4 and 5
              partitions, and as I mentioned above they contain only data.
              Both are the same make "Western Digital" (if it makes any differance)
              I would like to have some advise.
              Thanks in advance
              Mordechai

            • prog@lomascentral.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
                The easiest way is to get hold of a couple of disc caddies, they fit
                into the 5.25" bay, fit one disc into each and you can swap at will
                without the hassle of opening up your machine.

                They don't make then hot-swappable of course :-)

                Tim

                M.M. wrote:

                > Hello,
                > Thanks again.
                > Well, I will accept your advise and leave it as is, as long as I can use
                > "Notetab" as the editor - I got used to it!
                >
                > With your permition I would like to ask you something else:
                > I have two PC's, each one has two hard disks, on one disk is the operating
                > system and the second disk has only data in it. Now I have to switch the
                > (second) disks between both computers, mainly because of space.
                > Both operating systems are same (xp pro), and the interface in both is EIDE.
                > Besides the mechanical and electrical uninstall and reinstall and making the
                > bios detect and recognize the "new"
                > disks, is there anything else I have to do?
                > Some info:
                > All the disks are "FAT32" (even the main),
                > the two to be switched are 40GB and 120GB, both are devided into 4 and 5
                > partitions, and as I mentioned above they contain only data.
                > Both are the same make "Western Digital" (if it makes any differance)
                > I would like to have some advise.
                > Thanks in advance
                > Mordechai
                >
                > On 1/21/07, Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz@...
                > <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>> wrote:
                > >
                > > That would require editing the registry (NOT a safe thing to be doing) &
                > > unless
                > > it 'really' bothers you, I would leave it alone..... who knows, you may
                > > want to
                > > use one of the other editors later on.
                > >
                > > On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 23:28:26 +0200, you wrote:
                > >
                > > >Hello,
                > > >THANKS!! it WORKED!!
                > > >But I will continue and ask: How do I remove all the others (Excell,
                > > Notepad
                > > >and Word) to leave only Notetab to be the only editor, with its icon in
                > > >place - not under the black arrow with others in the list?
                > > >Thanks again
                > > >Mordechai
                > > >

                > > >On 1/20/07, Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz@...
                > <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>>

                > > programs.
                > > Excel,
                > > click
                > > search
                > please
                > <m.mordechai%40gmail.com> <m.mordechai%
                > > 40gmail.com>

                > <stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspac
                > > e.net.au>

                > > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                > > >

                > > --
                > >
                > > Australia isn't "down under", it's "off to one side"!
                > >
                > > stanblaz@... <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>
                > <stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>
                > > www.cobracat.com (home of the Australian Cobra Catamaran)
                > > www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)

              • Al ~Albaby~ Guevara
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
                  How about REAL EASY and putting it in a external USB or Firewire case?

                  Al

                  From: prog@...
                  To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: Re: [NTO] Internet-Explorer editor

                  >The easiest way is to get hold of a couple of disc caddies, they fit
                  >into the 5.25" bay, fit one disc into each and you can swap at will
                  >without the hassle of opening up your machine.

                  >They don't make then hot-swappable of course :-)

                  >Tim

                  >M.M. wrote:
                  >>

                  >> Hello,
                  >> Thanks again.
                  >> Well, I will accept your advise and leave it as is, as long as I can use
                  >> "Notetab" as the editor - I got used to it!
                  >>
                  >> With your permition I would like to ask you something else:
                  >> I have two PC's, each one has two hard disks, on one disk is the operating
                  >> system and the second disk has only data in it. Now I have to switch the
                  >> (second) disks between both computers, mainly because of space.
                  >> Both operating systems are same (xp pro), and the interface in both is EIDE.
                  >> Besides the mechanical and electrical uninstall and reinstall and making the
                  >> bios detect and recognize the "new"
                  >> disks, is there anything else I have to do?
                  >> Some info:
                  >> All the disks are "FAT32" (even the main),
                  >> the two to be switched are 40GB and 120GB, both are devided into 4 and 5
                  >> partitions, and as I mentioned above they contain only data.
                  >> Both are the same make "Western Digital" (if it makes any differance)
                  >> I would like to have some advise.
                  >> Thanks in advance
                  >> Mordechai
                  >>
                  >> On 1/21/07, Stan Blazejewski <stanblaz@...
                  >> <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > That would require editing the registry (NOT a safe thing to be doing) &
                  >> > unless
                  >> > it 'really' bothers you, I would leave it alone..... who knows, you may
                  >> > want to
                  >> > use one of the other editors later on.

                  >> > Notepad

                  >> <mailto:stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspace.net.au>>

                  >> > programs.
                  >> > Excel,
                  >> > click
                  >> > search
                  >> please
                  >> <m.mordechai%40gmail.com> <m.mordechai%
                  >> > 40gmail.com>

                  >> <stanblaz%40netspace.net.au><stanblaz%40netspac
                  >> > e.net.au>

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 21, 2007
                    Hi
                    find a USB to IDE box you can buy them ,stick you drive in you should have
                    SP2 OR if both machines have network cards obtain crossover red cable plug
                    them together and share the larger drive and away you go.
                    THANKYOU DAVE M