Re: [NTO] Clipbar problems

  • kentm0300
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
      Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
      I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't even
      know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in the NT jargon.

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

      > kentm0300 wrote:
      > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
      > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
      > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
      > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
      >
      > kent,
      >
      > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
      > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
      > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
      > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
      >
      > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
      sample of
      > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
      >
      > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
      > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
      >
      > ºvº
      > 2006.12.23
      > -Newspaper HeadLine...
      > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
      > hrs ø hsavage@...

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
        kentm0300 wrote:
        > Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
        > I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't
        > even know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in
        > the NT jargon.
        >
        > --- kentm0300 wrote:
        >>> Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to
        >>> Kilometers, Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all.
        >>> Calculator doesn't always work. Other functions on clipbar work >>>
        well. How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

        >> kent,
        >>
        >> I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'.
        >>
        >> How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
        >> sample of my 'convert measures.ctb'.
        >>
        >> "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
        >> "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"

        Kent,

        Didn't mean to confuse the issue. The examples above are 'Personal
        Clipbar entries similar to what you get by dragging an individual clip
        to the personal toolbar. I assumed you're familiar with process since
        you said some of the clips didn't work from the Personal ToolBar.

        Each line is saved in a comma-delimited format.
        The three parts are, the "clipbookname","clipname","iconname".

        The entries are created and saved in a file in the NoteTab 'libraries'
        folder with an extension of .ctb. The filename is the same as the
        clipbar name, or, you can create a new file manually as I did in this
        case, for testing purposes.

        Stan pointed out there were some alternate spellings in the clipbook,
        kilometres <> kilometers, etc.. I've since corrected my clipbook but in
        limited use I hadn't run into any previous problems.