Re: [NTO] Clipbar problems

  • kentm0300
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
      I have 5.1 FV

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>
      wrote:

      > kentm0300 wrote:
      > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
      > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
      > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
      > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
      > >
      > What version of Notetab are you using Kent?

    • kentm0300
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
        Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
        I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't even
        know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in the NT jargon.

        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

        > kentm0300 wrote:
        > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
        > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
        > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
        > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
        >
        > kent,
        >
        > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
        > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
        > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
        > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
        >
        > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
        sample of
        > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
        >
        > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
        > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
        >
        > ºvº
        > 2006.12.23
        > -Newspaper HeadLine...
        > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
        > hrs ø hsavage@...

      • kentm0300
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
          Unreal. I just gave c/i and i/c new life with Utilities. U.S. Marine,
          karate black belt is now becoming a computer wonk.

          --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

          > kentm0300 wrote:
          > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
          > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
          > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
          > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
          >
          > kent,
          >
          > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
          > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
          > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
          > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
          >
          > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
          sample of
          > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
          >
          > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
          >
          > ºvº
          > 2006.12.23
          > -Newspaper HeadLine...
          > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
          > hrs ø hsavage@...

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
            kentm0300 wrote:
            > Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
            > I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't
            > even know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in
            > the NT jargon.
            >
            > --- kentm0300 wrote:
            >>> Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to
            >>> Kilometers, Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all.
            >>> Calculator doesn't always work. Other functions on clipbar work >>>
            well. How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

            >> kent,
            >>
            >> I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'.
            >>
            >> How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
            >> sample of my 'convert measures.ctb'.
            >>
            >> "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
            >> "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"

            Kent,

            Didn't mean to confuse the issue. The examples above are 'Personal
            Clipbar entries similar to what you get by dragging an individual clip
            to the personal toolbar. I assumed you're familiar with process since
            you said some of the clips didn't work from the Personal ToolBar.

            Each line is saved in a comma-delimited format.
            The three parts are, the "clipbookname","clipname","iconname".

            The entries are created and saved in a file in the NoteTab 'libraries'
            folder with an extension of .ctb. The filename is the same as the
            clipbar name, or, you can create a new file manually as I did in this
            case, for testing purposes.

            Stan pointed out there were some alternate spellings in the clipbook,
            kilometres <> kilometers, etc.. I've since corrected my clipbook but in
            limited use I hadn't run into any previous problems.