Re: [NTO] Clipbar problems

  • Stan Blazejewski
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 24, 2006
      On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:22:17 -0000, you wrote:

      >Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
      >Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
      >always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
      > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

      If you're running v5.1 of NoteTab, check the clip library. Mine had spelling
      typo's that stopped some of the clips working, I did mention this to Eric so I
      would expect that the spelling would be fixed by now without the need for a
      version change.

      stanblaz@...
      www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
    • kentm0300
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
        I have 5.1 FV

        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>
        wrote:

        > kentm0300 wrote:
        > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
        > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
        > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
        > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
        > >
        > What version of Notetab are you using Kent?

      • kentm0300
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
          Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
          I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't even
          know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in the NT jargon.

          --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

          > kentm0300 wrote:
          > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
          > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
          > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
          > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
          >
          > kent,
          >
          > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
          > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
          > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
          > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
          >
          > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
          sample of
          > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
          >
          > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
          > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
          >
          > ºvº
          > 2006.12.23
          > -Newspaper HeadLine...
          > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
          > hrs ø hsavage@...

        • kentm0300
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
            Unreal. I just gave c/i and i/c new life with Utilities. U.S. Marine,
            karate black belt is now becoming a computer wonk.

            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

            > kentm0300 wrote:
            > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
            > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
            > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
            > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
            >
            > kent,
            >
            > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
            > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
            > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
            > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
            >
            > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
            sample of
            > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
            >
            > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
            >
            > ºvº
            > 2006.12.23
            > -Newspaper HeadLine...
            > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
            > hrs ø hsavage@...

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
              kentm0300 wrote:
              > Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
              > I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't
              > even know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in
              > the NT jargon.
              >
              > --- kentm0300 wrote:
              >>> Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to
              >>> Kilometers, Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all.
              >>> Calculator doesn't always work. Other functions on clipbar work >>>
              well. How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

              >> kent,
              >>
              >> I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'.
              >>
              >> How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
              >> sample of my 'convert measures.ctb'.
              >>
              >> "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
              >> "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"

              Kent,

              Didn't mean to confuse the issue. The examples above are 'Personal
              Clipbar entries similar to what you get by dragging an individual clip
              to the personal toolbar. I assumed you're familiar with process since
              you said some of the clips didn't work from the Personal ToolBar.

              Each line is saved in a comma-delimited format.
              The three parts are, the "clipbookname","clipname","iconname".

              The entries are created and saved in a file in the NoteTab 'libraries'
              folder with an extension of .ctb. The filename is the same as the
              clipbar name, or, you can create a new file manually as I did in this
              case, for testing purposes.

              Stan pointed out there were some alternate spellings in the clipbook,
              kilometres <> kilometers, etc.. I've since corrected my clipbook but in
              limited use I hadn't run into any previous problems.