Re: Clipbar problems

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 24, 2006
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "kentm0300" <kentm0300@...> wrote:

      > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
      > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
      > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
      > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

      If the actual clip a clipbar button is trying to run is not available,
      the clipbar button will do nothing. For example if you rename a clip,
      delete a clip, rename the clip library the clip is in, or delete that
      clip library, then that clipbar button will do nothing.

      john
    • Stan Blazejewski
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 24, 2006
        On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:22:17 -0000, you wrote:

        >Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
        >Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
        >always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
        > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

        If you're running v5.1 of NoteTab, check the clip library. Mine had spelling
        typo's that stopped some of the clips working, I did mention this to Eric so I
        would expect that the spelling would be fixed by now without the need for a
        version change.

        stanblaz@...
        www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
      • kentm0300
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
          I have 5.1 FV

          --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>
          wrote:

          > kentm0300 wrote:
          > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
          > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
          > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
          > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
          > >
          > What version of Notetab are you using Kent?

        • kentm0300
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
            Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
            I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't even
            know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in the NT jargon.

            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

            > kentm0300 wrote:
            > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
            > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
            > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
            > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
            >
            > kent,
            >
            > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
            > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
            > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
            > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
            >
            > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
            sample of
            > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
            >
            > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
            > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
            >
            > ºvº
            > 2006.12.23
            > -Newspaper HeadLine...
            > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
            > hrs ø hsavage@...

          • kentm0300
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
              Unreal. I just gave c/i and i/c new life with Utilities. U.S. Marine,
              karate black belt is now becoming a computer wonk.

              --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

              > kentm0300 wrote:
              > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
              > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
              > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
              > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
              >
              > kent,
              >
              > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
              > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
              > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
              > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
              >
              > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
              sample of
              > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
              >
              > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
              >
              > ºvº
              > 2006.12.23
              > -Newspaper HeadLine...
              > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
              > hrs ø hsavage@...

            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
                kentm0300 wrote:
                > Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
                > I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't
                > even know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in
                > the NT jargon.
                >
                > --- kentm0300 wrote:
                >>> Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to
                >>> Kilometers, Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all.
                >>> Calculator doesn't always work. Other functions on clipbar work >>>
                well. How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

                >> kent,
                >>
                >> I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'.
                >>
                >> How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
                >> sample of my 'convert measures.ctb'.
                >>
                >> "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
                >> "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"

                Kent,

                Didn't mean to confuse the issue. The examples above are 'Personal
                Clipbar entries similar to what you get by dragging an individual clip
                to the personal toolbar. I assumed you're familiar with process since
                you said some of the clips didn't work from the Personal ToolBar.

                Each line is saved in a comma-delimited format.
                The three parts are, the "clipbookname","clipname","iconname".

                The entries are created and saved in a file in the NoteTab 'libraries'
                folder with an extension of .ctb. The filename is the same as the
                clipbar name, or, you can create a new file manually as I did in this
                case, for testing purposes.

                Stan pointed out there were some alternate spellings in the clipbook,
                kilometres <> kilometers, etc.. I've since corrected my clipbook but in
                limited use I hadn't run into any previous problems.