Re: [NTO] Clipbar problems

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 23, 2006
      kentm0300 wrote:
      > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
      > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
      > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
      > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

      kent,

      I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
      converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
      was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
      Personal Toolbar. No problems.

      How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short sample of
      my 'convert measures.ctb'.

      "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
      "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"

      ºvº
      2006.12.23
      -Newspaper HeadLine...
      "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
      hrs ø hsavage@...
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 24, 2006
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "kentm0300" <kentm0300@...> wrote:

        > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
        > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
        > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
        > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

        If the actual clip a clipbar button is trying to run is not available,
        the clipbar button will do nothing. For example if you rename a clip,
        delete a clip, rename the clip library the clip is in, or delete that
        clip library, then that clipbar button will do nothing.

        john
      • Stan Blazejewski
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 24, 2006
          On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:22:17 -0000, you wrote:

          >Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
          >Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
          >always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
          > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

          If you're running v5.1 of NoteTab, check the clip library. Mine had spelling
          typo's that stopped some of the clips working, I did mention this to Eric so I
          would expect that the spelling would be fixed by now without the need for a
          version change.

          stanblaz@...
          www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
        • kentm0300
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
            I have 5.1 FV

            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>
            wrote:

            > kentm0300 wrote:
            > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
            > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
            > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
            > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
            > >
            > What version of Notetab are you using Kent?

          • kentm0300
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
              Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
              I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't even
              know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in the NT jargon.

              --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

              > kentm0300 wrote:
              > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
              > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
              > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
              > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
              >
              > kent,
              >
              > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
              > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
              > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
              > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
              >
              > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
              sample of
              > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
              >
              > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
              > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
              >
              > ºvº
              > 2006.12.23
              > -Newspaper HeadLine...
              > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
              > hrs ø hsavage@...

            • kentm0300
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
                Unreal. I just gave c/i and i/c new life with Utilities. U.S. Marine,
                karate black belt is now becoming a computer wonk.

                --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                > kentm0300 wrote:
                > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
                > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
                > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
                > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
                >
                > kent,
                >
                > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
                > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
                > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
                > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
                >
                > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
                sample of
                > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
                >
                > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
                > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
                >
                > ºvº
                > 2006.12.23
                > -Newspaper HeadLine...
                > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
                > hrs ø hsavage@...

              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
                  kentm0300 wrote:
                  > Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
                  > I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't
                  > even know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in
                  > the NT jargon.
                  >
                  > --- kentm0300 wrote:
                  >>> Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to
                  >>> Kilometers, Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all.
                  >>> Calculator doesn't always work. Other functions on clipbar work >>>
                  well. How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

                  >> kent,
                  >>
                  >> I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'.
                  >>
                  >> How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
                  >> sample of my 'convert measures.ctb'.
                  >>
                  >> "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
                  >> "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"

                  Kent,

                  Didn't mean to confuse the issue. The examples above are 'Personal
                  Clipbar entries similar to what you get by dragging an individual clip
                  to the personal toolbar. I assumed you're familiar with process since
                  you said some of the clips didn't work from the Personal ToolBar.

                  Each line is saved in a comma-delimited format.
                  The three parts are, the "clipbookname","clipname","iconname".

                  The entries are created and saved in a file in the NoteTab 'libraries'
                  folder with an extension of .ctb. The filename is the same as the
                  clipbar name, or, you can create a new file manually as I did in this
                  case, for testing purposes.

                  Stan pointed out there were some alternate spellings in the clipbook,
                  kilometres <> kilometers, etc.. I've since corrected my clipbook but in
                  limited use I hadn't run into any previous problems.