Clipbar problems

  • kentm0300
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 23, 2006
      Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
      Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
      always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
      How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 23, 2006
        kentm0300 wrote:
        > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
        > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
        > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
        > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

        What version of Notetab are you using Kent?
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 23, 2006
          kentm0300 wrote:
          > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
          > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
          > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
          > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

          kent,

          I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
          converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
          was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
          Personal Toolbar. No problems.

          How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short sample of
          my 'convert measures.ctb'.

          "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
          "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"

          ºvº
          2006.12.23
          -Newspaper HeadLine...
          "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
          hrs ø hsavage@...
        • John Zeman
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 24, 2006
            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "kentm0300" <kentm0300@...> wrote:

            > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
            > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
            > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
            > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

            If the actual clip a clipbar button is trying to run is not available,
            the clipbar button will do nothing. For example if you rename a clip,
            delete a clip, rename the clip library the clip is in, or delete that
            clip library, then that clipbar button will do nothing.

            john
          • Stan Blazejewski
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 24, 2006
              On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:22:17 -0000, you wrote:

              >Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
              >Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
              >always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
              > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

              If you're running v5.1 of NoteTab, check the clip library. Mine had spelling
              typo's that stopped some of the clips working, I did mention this to Eric so I
              would expect that the spelling would be fixed by now without the need for a
              version change.

              stanblaz@...
              www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
            • kentm0300
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
                I have 5.1 FV

                --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...>

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
                  Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
                  I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't even
                  know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in the NT jargon.

                  --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                  > kentm0300 wrote:
                  > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
                  > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
                  > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
                  > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
                  >
                  > kent,
                  >
                  > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
                  > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
                  > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
                  > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
                  >
                  > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
                  sample of
                  > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
                  >
                  > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
                  > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
                  >
                  > ºvº
                  > 2006.12.23
                  > -Newspaper HeadLine...
                  > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
                  > hrs ø hsavage@...

                • kentm0300
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
                    Unreal. I just gave c/i and i/c new life with Utilities. U.S. Marine,
                    karate black belt is now becoming a computer wonk.

                    --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

                    > kentm0300 wrote:
                    > > Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to Kilometers,
                    > > Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all. Calculator doesn't
                    > > always work. Other functions on clipbar work well.
                    > > How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?
                    >
                    > kent,
                    >
                    > I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'. I
                    > converted all the working clipnames to a PTBar, loaded the toolbar and
                    > was able to run all the above mentioned clips, and more, from the
                    > Personal Toolbar. No problems.
                    >
                    > How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
                    sample of
                    > my 'convert measures.ctb'.
                    >
                    > "convert measures","Fahrenheit -> Centigrade","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Centigrade -> Fahrenheit","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Inches -> Centimetres","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Centimetres -> Inches","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Pounds -> Kilograms","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Kilograms -> Pounds","one.ico"
                    > "convert measures","Dollars To Swiss Francs","one.ico"
                    >
                    > ºvº
                    > 2006.12.23
                    > -Newspaper HeadLine...
                    > "Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half"
                    > hrs ø hsavage@...

                  • hsavage
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 25, 2006
                      kentm0300 wrote:
                      > Thanks, but I think you're miles ahead of me here.
                      > I'm not familiar with what you're doing. Wish I was but I don't
                      > even know where to find the directions because I'm so limited in
                      > the NT jargon.
                      >
                      > --- kentm0300 wrote:
                      >>> Inches to Centimeters, Centimeters to Inches, Miles to
                      >>> Kilometers, Kilometers to miles functions don't work at all.
                      >>> Calculator doesn't always work. Other functions on clipbar work >>>
                      well. How can I correct the problem of the ones that don't work?

                      >> kent,
                      >>
                      >> I'm using v5.1 and I have a clip named 'convert measures.clb'.
                      >>
                      >> How are you adding the clips to the toolbar? Below is a short
                      >> sample of my 'convert measures.ctb'.
                      >>
                      >> "convert measures","Miles -> Kilometres","one.ico"
                      >> "convert measures","Kilometres -> Miles","one.ico"

                      Kent,

                      Didn't mean to confuse the issue. The examples above are 'Personal
                      Clipbar entries similar to what you get by dragging an individual clip
                      to the personal toolbar. I assumed you're familiar with process since
                      you said some of the clips didn't work from the Personal ToolBar.

                      Each line is saved in a comma-delimited format.
                      The three parts are, the "clipbookname","clipname","iconname".

                      The entries are created and saved in a file in the NoteTab 'libraries'
                      folder with an extension of .ctb. The filename is the same as the
                      clipbar name, or, you can create a new file manually as I did in this
                      case, for testing purposes.

                      Stan pointed out there were some alternate spellings in the clipbook,
                      kilometres <> kilometers, etc.. I've since corrected my clipbook but in
                      limited use I hadn't run into any previous problems.