Re: [NTO] contents of folder to text file

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
      Whoopee! That worked!! Thanks to Greg and everyone else who
      responded. Sorry I didn't pick up on that from the other thread. I
      wasn't really following it at the time.

      sisterscape

      --- Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

      > Hi sisterscape,
      >
      > If you were following the "Properties" thread you'll know that I
      > swear
      > by the freeware xplorer2 Lite (http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm).
      >
      > "Copy Columns" on the Edit menu will do the trick!
      >
      > Greg

      Cheap talk?
      http://voice.yahoo.com
    • prog@lomascentral.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
        How about dir > filename.txt from a dos prompt?

        Sometimes the old DOS commands get overlooked :-)

        Tim

        sisterscape wrote:

        > Please tell me there is a solution to my predicament.
        >
        > Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in 'details'
        > view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture taken' to
        > hundreds of photos on a website and a straight copy and paste would
        > make my job soooo much easier.
        >
        > Holding my breath for the answer . . . thanks.

        > http://new.mail.yahoo.com <http://new.mail.yahoo.com>

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
          Hi Tim,

          On 07 Dec 06 20:51 "prog@..." <prog@...>
          said:
          > How about dir > filename.txt from a dos prompt?
          >
          > Sometimes the old DOS commands get overlooked :-)

          Keep up at the back! Read the question!

          > > I have to add the 'date picture taken'

          DOS won't do that!

          Greg

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
            Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly.

            http://mail.yahoo.com