Re: [NTO] contents of folder to text file

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
      Hi sisterscape,

      On 07 Dec 06 16:00 sisterscape <sisterscape@...> said:

      > Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in
      > 'details' view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture
      > taken' to
      > hundreds of photos on a website and a straight copy and paste would
      > make my job soooo much easier.

      If you were following the "Properties" thread you'll know that I swear
      by the freeware xplorer2 Lite (http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm).

      "Copy Columns" on the Edit menu will do the trick!

      Greg

      Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" � The Wall Street Journal
      http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
    • adrien
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
        Op donderdag 07-12-2006 om 08:00 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef
        sisterscape:
        > Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in 'details'
        > view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture taken' to

        Do not know if I understand you correctly, but with Totalcommander (a
        filemanager) it is possible to print a folder directed to the printer.
        But instead to print, you can tell it to print to a file.

        After that - print to a file - is it just a question to open the file
        with NoteTab of something else.

        Maybe this is helpfull.....
        --
        adrien
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
          Whoopee! That worked!! Thanks to Greg and everyone else who
          responded. Sorry I didn't pick up on that from the other thread. I
          wasn't really following it at the time.

          sisterscape

          --- Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

          > Hi sisterscape,
          >
          > If you were following the "Properties" thread you'll know that I
          > swear
          > by the freeware xplorer2 Lite (http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm).
          >
          > "Copy Columns" on the Edit menu will do the trick!
          >
          > Greg

          Cheap talk?
          http://voice.yahoo.com
        • prog@lomascentral.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
            How about dir > filename.txt from a dos prompt?

            Sometimes the old DOS commands get overlooked :-)

            Tim

            sisterscape wrote:

            > Please tell me there is a solution to my predicament.
            >
            > Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in 'details'
            > view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture taken' to
            > hundreds of photos on a website and a straight copy and paste would
            > make my job soooo much easier.
            >
            > Holding my breath for the answer . . . thanks.

            > http://new.mail.yahoo.com <http://new.mail.yahoo.com>

          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
              Hi Tim,

              On 07 Dec 06 20:51 "prog@..." <prog@...>
              said:
              > How about dir > filename.txt from a dos prompt?
              >
              > Sometimes the old DOS commands get overlooked :-)

              Keep up at the back! Read the question!

              > > I have to add the 'date picture taken'

              DOS won't do that!

              Greg

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
                Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly.

                http://mail.yahoo.com