contents of folder to text file

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
      Please tell me there is a solution to my predicament.

      Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in 'details'
      view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture taken' to
      hundreds of photos on a website and a straight copy and paste would
      make my job soooo much easier.

      Holding my breath for the answer . . . thanks.

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
        Hi sisterscape,

        On 07 Dec 06 16:00 sisterscape <sisterscape@...> said:

        > Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in
        > 'details' view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture
        > taken' to
        > hundreds of photos on a website and a straight copy and paste would
        > make my job soooo much easier.

        If you were following the "Properties" thread you'll know that I swear
        by the freeware xplorer2 Lite (http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm).

        "Copy Columns" on the Edit menu will do the trick!

        Greg

        Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" � The Wall Street Journal
        http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
      • adrien
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
          Op donderdag 07-12-2006 om 08:00 uur [tijdzone -0800], schreef
          sisterscape:
          > Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in 'details'
          > view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture taken' to

          Do not know if I understand you correctly, but with Totalcommander (a
          filemanager) it is possible to print a folder directed to the printer.
          But instead to print, you can tell it to print to a file.

          After that - print to a file - is it just a question to open the file
          with NoteTab of something else.

          Maybe this is helpfull.....
          --
          adrien
        • sisterscape
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
            Whoopee! That worked!! Thanks to Greg and everyone else who
            responded. Sorry I didn't pick up on that from the other thread. I
            wasn't really following it at the time.

            sisterscape

            --- Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

            > Hi sisterscape,
            >
            > If you were following the "Properties" thread you'll know that I
            > swear
            > by the freeware xplorer2 Lite (http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm).
            >
            > "Copy Columns" on the Edit menu will do the trick!
            >
            > Greg

            Cheap talk?
            http://voice.yahoo.com
          • prog@lomascentral.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
              How about dir > filename.txt from a dos prompt?

              Sometimes the old DOS commands get overlooked :-)

              Tim

              sisterscape wrote:

              > Please tell me there is a solution to my predicament.
              >
              > Is there a way to convert the contents of a WinXP folder in 'details'
              > view to a text file? I have to add the 'date picture taken' to
              > hundreds of photos on a website and a straight copy and paste would
              > make my job soooo much easier.
              >
              > Holding my breath for the answer . . . thanks.

              > http://new.mail.yahoo.com <http://new.mail.yahoo.com>

            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
                Hi Tim,

                On 07 Dec 06 20:51 "prog@..." <prog@...>
                said:
                > How about dir > filename.txt from a dos prompt?
                >
                > Sometimes the old DOS commands get overlooked :-)

                Keep up at the back! Read the question!

                > > I have to add the 'date picture taken'

                DOS won't do that!

                Greg

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
                  Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com