Re: [NTO] Was: Clip: Verification...

  • Alan_C
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
      FWIW I just received another of these at my very recent, my very latest post
      to the clips list. So, it must have broken again :-) co moderator

      This list (NTO) is safe though, did'nt get clobbered with a spammcopper as a
      bonus just for posting :-)

      It looks like spammckop is just passing the buck though as in their blaming it
      on a faked from instead of (a responsible version) "it's spaammccoppss fault
      due to we have not yet integrated our super duper Perl script on our server
      that filters out faked from's so that these do not end up causing a problem."

      Alan.

      On Tuesday 07 November 2006 04:49, loro wrote:
      > Alan_C wrote:
      > >These have been coming as a bonus to the replying to a post on this
      > > mailing list.
      >
      > I reported them to spamcop and I'll keep doing it. I've had it with these,
      > ahem, services.
      >
      > What a load of ***!
      >
      > >From: Joaquin Franco <iris@...>
      > >Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:52:03 +0100
      > >Subject: Re: [SpamCop (81.19.160.26) id:2005502917]Ver
      > >

      > >Estimable Spamcop:
      > >
      > >Sombody writes us with a fake From , then our system has autoresponded to
      > >the fake from requestion
      > >autentification as anti-spam meassure.
      > >
      > >We apologize for this inconvenience when emails with a fake From arrives
      > >to us and our system
      > >auto-answer to the From or Reply-to field of the original message.
      > >
      > >Please read the explanation at the bottom of supposed offending message
      > >from 81.19.160.26
      > >
      > >Thank you
      > >Joaquin Franco
      > >jfranco@...
      > >http://interec.com
      > >INTEREC. San Antonio 39. Tomares. 41940 Sevilla. Spain
      > >Phone +34 954159030 FAX +34 954151819
      >
      > Lotta
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
        Hey I tried. ;--)

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
          Alan_C wrote:
          >It looks like spammckop is just passing the buck though as in their
          >blaming it
          >on a faked from instead of (a responsible version) "it's spaammccoppss fault
          >due to we have not yet integrated our super duper Perl script on our server
          >that filters out faked from's so that these do not end up causing a problem."

          The email I quoted wasn't from spamcop. It was from interec.com, the
          spam(fight)ing company, TO spamcop in response of the action they must have
          taken. Spamcop just forwarded interec's response to me.

          >From: Joaquin Franco <iris@...>

          Lotta
        • Julie
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006