Was: Clip: Verification...

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
      Alan_C wrote:
      >These have been coming as a bonus to the replying to a post on this mailing
      >list.

      I reported them to spamcop and I'll keep doing it. I've had it with these,
      ahem, services.

      What a load of ***!

      >From: Joaquin Franco <iris@...>
      >Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:52:03 +0100
      >Subject: Re: [SpamCop (81.19.160.26) id:2005502917]Ver
      >

      >Estimable Spamcop:
      >
      >Sombody writes us with a fake From , then our system has autoresponded to
      >the fake from requestion
      >autentification as anti-spam meassure.
      >
      >We apologize for this inconvenience when emails with a fake From arrives
      >to us and our system
      >auto-answer to the From or Reply-to field of the original message.
      >
      >Please read the explanation at the bottom of supposed offending message
      >from 81.19.160.26
      >
      >Thank you
      >Joaquin Franco
      >jfranco@...
      >http://interec.com
      >INTEREC. San Antonio 39. Tomares. 41940 Sevilla. Spain
      >Phone +34 954159030 FAX +34 954151819

      Lotta
    • Alan_C
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
        FWIW I just received another of these at my very recent, my very latest post
        to the clips list. So, it must have broken again :-) co moderator

        This list (NTO) is safe though, did'nt get clobbered with a spammcopper as a
        bonus just for posting :-)

        It looks like spammckop is just passing the buck though as in their blaming it
        on a faked from instead of (a responsible version) "it's spaammccoppss fault
        due to we have not yet integrated our super duper Perl script on our server
        that filters out faked from's so that these do not end up causing a problem."

        Alan.

        On Tuesday 07 November 2006 04:49, loro wrote:
        > Alan_C wrote:
        > >These have been coming as a bonus to the replying to a post on this
        > > mailing list.
        >
        > I reported them to spamcop and I'll keep doing it. I've had it with these,
        > ahem, services.
        >
        > What a load of ***!
        >
        > >From: Joaquin Franco <iris@...>
        > >Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:52:03 +0100
        > >Subject: Re: [SpamCop (81.19.160.26) id:2005502917]Ver
        > >

        > >Estimable Spamcop:
        > >
        > >Sombody writes us with a fake From , then our system has autoresponded to
        > >the fake from requestion
        > >autentification as anti-spam meassure.
        > >
        > >We apologize for this inconvenience when emails with a fake From arrives
        > >to us and our system
        > >auto-answer to the From or Reply-to field of the original message.
        > >
        > >Please read the explanation at the bottom of supposed offending message
        > >from 81.19.160.26
        > >
        > >Thank you
        > >Joaquin Franco
        > >jfranco@...
        > >http://interec.com
        > >INTEREC. San Antonio 39. Tomares. 41940 Sevilla. Spain
        > >Phone +34 954159030 FAX +34 954151819
        >
        > Lotta
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
          Hey I tried. ;--)

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
            Alan_C wrote:
            >It looks like spammckop is just passing the buck though as in their
            >blaming it
            >on a faked from instead of (a responsible version) "it's spaammccoppss fault
            >due to we have not yet integrated our super duper Perl script on our server
            >that filters out faked from's so that these do not end up causing a problem."

            The email I quoted wasn't from spamcop. It was from interec.com, the
            spam(fight)ing company, TO spamcop in response of the action they must have
            taken. Spamcop just forwarded interec's response to me.

            >From: Joaquin Franco <iris@...>

            Lotta
          • Julie
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006