Re: [NTO] FTP clients for wild card transfer

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
      have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
      it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE
    • Mike Breiding
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
        At 10:31 AM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
        >have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
        >it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE

        I use Filezilla regularly but it does not support wild card for transfer
        across sub directories.

        Thanks
        Mike

      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
          Have you looked at SmartFTP? I don't know for sure whether it has what
          you need but it seems to have every other bell and whistle so maybe ...

          Mike Breiding said the following on 2006-10-17 16:55:
          > At 10:31 AM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
          >
          >> have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
          >> it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE
          >>

          > I use Filezilla regularly but it does not support wild card for transfer
          > across sub directories.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Mike

          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

        • Mike Breiding
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
            At 06:22 PM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
            >Have you looked at SmartFTP? I don't know for sure whether it has what
            >you need but it seems to have every other bell and whistle so maybe ...

            I downloaded and checked out SmartFTP. I did not see anyway to make wild
            card transfers across subdirectories.

            This seems like a no brainer and I wonder why more FTP clients do not
            support this.

            Thanks
            -Mike

          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
              I actually meant FireFTP Extension. I pulled the wrong name out of my
              head on that one Mike.
              I think it allows wildcards, but I could be mistaken. I don't have it
              on this computer at present.
            • Mike Breiding
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
                At 10:57 AM 10/18/2006 , you wrote:
                >I actually meant FireFTP Extension. I pulled the wrong name out of my
                >head on that one Mike.
                >I think it allows wildcards, but I could be mistaken. I don't have it
                >on this computer at present.

                Greetings, Don,
                I downloaded the extension and could find now way to transfer files across
                dirs based on wild card selection of files.

                I noticed almost all FTP clients have a "Custom Command" option but i am
                clueless as to how to write such a thing.

                Thanks,
                -Mike

              • dave
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 20, 2006
                  Hi
                  I could give you a copy but can not attach to this list ws_ftple.exe
                  691k
                  THANKYOU DAVE M

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 20, 2006
                    At 10:54 AM 10/20/2006 , you wrote:
                    >Hi
                    >I could give you a copy but can not attach to this list ws_ftple.exe
                    >691k
                    >THANKYOU DAVE M

                    Hi Dave,
                    Thanks for the offer. However I upgraded my copy of TurboFTP and it
                    supports wild card transfers across directories.

                    -Mike