Re: [NTO] FTP clients for wild card transfer

  • fw7oaks
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
      Have a look at

      http://www.whispertech.com/surfer/index.htm

      fw

      --- Mike Breiding <gwlist@...> wrote:

      > At 09:30 AM 10/16/2006 , dave wrote:
      > >Hi
      > >me again the link below is the one I meant.
      >
      ><http://www.gabn.net/junodj/ws_ftp.htm>http://www.gabn.net/junodj/ws_ftp.htm
      > >THANKYOU DAVE M
      >
      > Hi Dave
      >
      > WSFTP LE is no longer available.
      > Ine must now download a 30 eval copy.
      > http://www.ftpplanet.com/ws_ftple.html
      >
      > I am not willing to put more money into FTP clients at this time
      > and was
      > hoping to find a free ware client which supported wild card file
      > selection
      > and transfer across directories..
      >
      > Thanks
      > -Mike

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
        have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
        it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE
      • Mike Breiding
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
          At 10:31 AM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
          >have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
          >it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE

          I use Filezilla regularly but it does not support wild card for transfer
          across sub directories.

          Thanks
          Mike

        • buralex@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
            Have you looked at SmartFTP? I don't know for sure whether it has what
            you need but it seems to have every other bell and whistle so maybe ...

            Mike Breiding said the following on 2006-10-17 16:55:
            > At 10:31 AM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
            >
            >> have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
            >> it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE
            >>

            > I use Filezilla regularly but it does not support wild card for transfer
            > across sub directories.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Mike

            Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

          • Mike Breiding
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
              At 06:22 PM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
              >Have you looked at SmartFTP? I don't know for sure whether it has what
              >you need but it seems to have every other bell and whistle so maybe ...

              I downloaded and checked out SmartFTP. I did not see anyway to make wild
              card transfers across subdirectories.

              This seems like a no brainer and I wonder why more FTP clients do not
              support this.

              Thanks
              -Mike

            • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
                I actually meant FireFTP Extension. I pulled the wrong name out of my
                head on that one Mike.
                I think it allows wildcards, but I could be mistaken. I don't have it
                on this computer at present.
              • Mike Breiding
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
                  At 10:57 AM 10/18/2006 , you wrote:
                  >I actually meant FireFTP Extension. I pulled the wrong name out of my
                  >head on that one Mike.
                  >I think it allows wildcards, but I could be mistaken. I don't have it
                  >on this computer at present.

                  Greetings, Don,
                  I downloaded the extension and could find now way to transfer files across
                  dirs based on wild card selection of files.

                  I noticed almost all FTP clients have a "Custom Command" option but i am
                  clueless as to how to write such a thing.

                  Thanks,
                  -Mike

                • dave
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 20, 2006
                    Hi
                    I could give you a copy but can not attach to this list ws_ftple.exe
                    691k
                    THANKYOU DAVE M

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 20, 2006
                      At 10:54 AM 10/20/2006 , you wrote:
                      >Hi
                      >I could give you a copy but can not attach to this list ws_ftple.exe
                      >691k
                      >THANKYOU DAVE M

                      Hi Dave,
                      Thanks for the offer. However I upgraded my copy of TurboFTP and it
                      supports wild card transfers across directories.

                      -Mike