Re: [NTO] FTP clients for wild card transfer

  • dave
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 16, 2006
      Hi
      I like WSftp the free version works all files drag and drop ,up or down
      ,works well.
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 16, 2006
        Hi
        me again the link below is the one I meant.
        http://www.gabn.net/junodj/ws_ftp.htm
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > Can anyone suggest an FTP client which will transfer files with wild card
        > commands?
        >
        > Such as all html ( *,HTML) files in dirX and all subdirs of dirX.
        >
        > I am using the Turbo FTP 4.10 but the synch does not work consistently
        > when
        > uploading changed files.
        > Thanks,
        > -Mike

      • Margaret Penfold
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
          Hi Dave,

          I used ws-ftp for years. Had forgotten it was only supposed to be free
          for students. I lost it somewhere in a change of computers and thought
          I'd download the later version to see how it compares with the CoffeeCup
          that I now use. Unfortunately I found that there is no longer a free
          version of ws-ftp for anyone!
          Regards
          Margaret
        • Mike Breiding
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
            At 09:30 AM 10/16/2006 , dave wrote:
            >Hi
            >me again the link below is the one I meant.
            ><http://www.gabn.net/junodj/ws_ftp.htm>http://www.gabn.net/junodj/ws_ftp.htm
            >THANKYOU DAVE M

            Hi Dave

            WSFTP LE is no longer available.
            Ine must now download a 30 eval copy.
            http://www.ftpplanet.com/ws_ftple.html

            I am not willing to put more money into FTP clients at this time and was
            hoping to find a free ware client which supported wild card file selection
            and transfer across directories..

            Thanks
            -Mike

          • fw7oaks
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
              Have a look at

              http://www.whispertech.com/surfer/index.htm

              fw

              --- Mike Breiding <gwlist@...> wrote:

              > At 09:30 AM 10/16/2006 , dave wrote:
              > >Hi
              > >me again the link below is the one I meant.
              >
              ><http://www.gabn.net/junodj/ws_ftp.htm>http://www.gabn.net/junodj/ws_ftp.htm
              > >THANKYOU DAVE M
              >
              > Hi Dave
              >
              > WSFTP LE is no longer available.
              > Ine must now download a 30 eval copy.
              > http://www.ftpplanet.com/ws_ftple.html
              >
              > I am not willing to put more money into FTP clients at this time
              > and was
              > hoping to find a free ware client which supported wild card file
              > selection
              > and transfer across directories..
              >
              > Thanks
              > -Mike

            • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
                have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
                it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE
              • Mike Breiding
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
                  At 10:31 AM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
                  >have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
                  >it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE

                  I use Filezilla regularly but it does not support wild card for transfer
                  across sub directories.

                  Thanks
                  Mike

                • buralex@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 17, 2006
                    Have you looked at SmartFTP? I don't know for sure whether it has what
                    you need but it seems to have every other bell and whistle so maybe ...

                    Mike Breiding said the following on 2006-10-17 16:55:
                    > At 10:31 AM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
                    >
                    >> have you simply tried filezilla extension in firefox?
                    >> it is looking very good these days and its ... FREE
                    >>

                    > I use Filezilla regularly but it does not support wild card for transfer
                    > across sub directories.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > Mike

                    Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

                  • Mike Breiding
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
                      At 06:22 PM 10/17/2006 , you wrote:
                      >Have you looked at SmartFTP? I don't know for sure whether it has what
                      >you need but it seems to have every other bell and whistle so maybe ...

                      I downloaded and checked out SmartFTP. I did not see anyway to make wild
                      card transfers across subdirectories.

                      This seems like a no brainer and I wonder why more FTP clients do not
                      support this.

                      Thanks
                      -Mike

                    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
                        I actually meant FireFTP Extension. I pulled the wrong name out of my
                        head on that one Mike.
                        I think it allows wildcards, but I could be mistaken. I don't have it
                        on this computer at present.
                      • Mike Breiding
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 18, 2006
                          At 10:57 AM 10/18/2006 , you wrote:
                          >I actually meant FireFTP Extension. I pulled the wrong name out of my
                          >head on that one Mike.
                          >I think it allows wildcards, but I could be mistaken. I don't have it
                          >on this computer at present.

                          Greetings, Don,
                          I downloaded the extension and could find now way to transfer files across
                          dirs based on wild card selection of files.

                          I noticed almost all FTP clients have a "Custom Command" option but i am
                          clueless as to how to write such a thing.

                          Thanks,
                          -Mike

                        • dave
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 20, 2006
                            Hi
                            I could give you a copy but can not attach to this list ws_ftple.exe
                            691k
                            THANKYOU DAVE M

                            > I used ws-ftp for years. Had forgotten it was only supposed to be free
                            > for students. I lost it somewhere in a change of computers and thought
                            > I'd download the later version to see how it compares with the CoffeeCup
                            > that I now use. Unfortunately I found that there is no longer a free
                            > version of ws-ftp for anyone!
                            > Regards
                            > Margaret
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Mike Breiding
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 20, 2006
                              At 10:54 AM 10/20/2006 , you wrote:
                              >Hi
                              >I could give you a copy but can not attach to this list ws_ftple.exe
                              >691k
                              >THANKYOU DAVE M

                              Hi Dave,
                              Thanks for the offer. However I upgraded my copy of TurboFTP and it
                              supports wild card transfers across directories.

                              -Mike