Re: Popfile (was Re: [NTO] email narsties)

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2006
      Annoyingly my level of spam 57% is now significantly above my level of
      non-spam messages (stats since last reset on Aug 30th, with 8,500 messages
      received on my main computer). Probably 75% of the spam I receive is from
      unmoderated Yahoo groups and as inwards mail to a Yahoo mail account I keep
      for historical reasons. Fortunately, of those 8,500, only 56 false
      negatives and 54 false positives - pretty impressive. Unfortunately, the
      number of false positives means that I still need to do a quick scan of the
      spam folder to rescue ones that shouldn't have gone there - but that's OK -
      it doesn't take long. And I have some "kill" filters set in my Outlook
      Express too.

      Regards, Dave S