Popfile (was Re: [NTO] email narsties)

  • Alec Burgess\(g\)
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2006
      I think I lied when I said 99.5 (though I did get there once).
      I might get back to it if I can resist the temptation to keep tinkering
      with my buckets.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex(@gmail))
      --

      David Smart said the following on 2006-10-06 9:04:
      > I've been using PopFile for a while (couple of years?) and run consistently
      > around 98.75% success on the two computers I get mail on - using just a
      > spam/non-spam split. Never gets as high as 99% or as low as 98.5% on the
      > mix of mail I get. I like the program.
      >
      > Regards, Dave S

    • David Smart
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2006
        Annoyingly my level of spam 57% is now significantly above my level of
        non-spam messages (stats since last reset on Aug 30th, with 8,500 messages
        received on my main computer). Probably 75% of the spam I receive is from
        unmoderated Yahoo groups and as inwards mail to a Yahoo mail account I keep
        for historical reasons. Fortunately, of those 8,500, only 56 false
        negatives and 54 false positives - pretty impressive. Unfortunately, the
        number of false positives means that I still need to do a quick scan of the
        spam folder to rescue ones that shouldn't have gone there - but that's OK -
        it doesn't take long. And I have some "kill" filters set in my Outlook
        Express too.

        Regards, Dave S