Re: [NTO] benefits of disk imaging?

  • Al ~Alvaro~ Guevara
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 3, 2006
      Wonder why no-one mentions Ghost?
      But it sure does El Sucko, yes.
      I was going to take my Dell 80 gig C-drive and put it on my new home built ATX Micro portable "Scream machine I just assembled.

      Crap! Guess I gotta go buy that True Image deal

      Al

      From: "Brian Binder" <brian.binder@...>
      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [NTO] benefits of disk imaging?

      >It kinda stinks doesn't it? More and more restrictive. Think of how
      >much more MS would do if people didn't complain about some of their
      >practices.

      >ATI is Acronis True Image from http://www.acronis.com and the FAST
      >Wizard is on the Windows XP CD. ;)

      >Al ~Alvaro~ Guevara wrote:
      >>

      >> Thanks for the long explanation, I'm behind the times Windows wise it seems.
      >>
      >>>Else, you can use the XP File And Settings Transfer Wizard
      >>>And using ATI will allow you to explore your image down
      >>
      >> Are both the above Windows deals?
      >>
      >> Al

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Brian Binder
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 3, 2006
        One of my biggest arguments from Ghost is that it gives you a bootable
        CD that doesn't allow you to create images with. <rolls eyes>

        ATI gives you network support, FTP support (in the newest version) and
        widespread hardware support for all types of hardware on a nice Linux
        kernel with fantastic hardware detection.

        Ghost still lacks in all those departments for different reasons.

        Al ~Alvaro~ Guevara wrote:

        > Wonder why no-one mentions Ghost?
        > But it sure does El Sucko, yes.
        > I was going to take my Dell 80 gig C-drive and put it on my new home
        > built ATX Micro portable "Scream machine I just assembled.
        >
        > Crap! Guess I gotta go buy that True Image deal
        >
        > Al

        > From: "Brian Binder" <brian.binder@...
        > <mailto:brian.binder%40gmail.com>>
        > To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-OffTopic%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: Re: [NTO] benefits of disk imaging?
        >
        >>It kinda stinks doesn't it? More and more restrictive. Think of how
        >>much more MS would do if people didn't complain about some of their
        >>practices.
        >
        >>ATI is Acronis True Image from http://www.acronis.com
        > <http://www.acronis.com> and the FAST
        >>Wizard is on the Windows XP CD. ;)
        >
        >>Al ~Alvaro~ Guevara wrote:
        >>>

        >>> Thanks for the long explanation, I'm behind the times Windows wise it
        > seems.

        >>> Are both the above Windows deals?
        >>>
        >>> Al
        >

        >>Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Al ~Alvaro~ Guevara
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 3, 2006
          Thanks Brian!

          Al

          From: "Brian Binder" <brian.binder@...>
          To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com

          >One of my biggest arguments from Ghost is that it gives you a bootable
          >CD that doesn't allow you to create images with. <rolls eyes>

          >ATI gives you network support, FTP support (in the newest version) and
          >widespread hardware support for all types of hardware on a nice Linux
          >kernel with fantastic hardware detection.

          >Ghost still lacks in all those departments for different reasons.

          >Al ~Alvaro~ Guevara wrote:
          >>

          >> Wonder why no-one mentions Ghost?
          >> But it sure does El Sucko, yes.
          >> I was going to take my Dell 80 gig C-drive and put it on my new home
          >> built ATX Micro portable "Scream machine I just assembled.
          >>
          >> Crap! Guess I gotta go buy that True Image deal
          >>
          >> Al

        • Brian Binder
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 3, 2006
            Sure! ;)

            More reading: ( and yes, I know it looks bad seeing as it comes from
            Acronis' site :P )

            http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/reviews.html
            http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/company/inpress/2006/04-02-en.html