[NTO] Re: Free Upgrade (I have a question)

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2006
      Alec,

      I would do a GetDocMatchAll to get matching lines, insert those
      lines in a new document and save it. Then run the match list
      as "stop words" against the main list using my stop words clip to
      produce the non-matching list.

      H="Matches"
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^P
      ^!SetCode %matches%=^$GetDocMatchAll((?i)^.*?[a-z]{2,}2[a-z]{2,}.*^%
      DOLLAR%;0)$
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!InsertCode ^%matches%
      ^!ClearVariable %matches%
      ;end of clip

      clips/message/15230

      HTH,
      Sheri
    • Stefan Elssner
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 21, 2006
        Hi Alec,

        > Just curious Stefan if you happened to have looked at both,
        > anywhere that you see the Regex Buddy: site and/or program as
        > significantly superior to Regex Coach?

        I never used Regex Coach, just had a look at it some times ago when an
        intern did some playing with it. I have a copy of RegexBuddy but I use
        it rather seldom. Most of the time my regexp needs are rather simple
        and a good tutorial with some samples plus the language specific
        manual is enough to solve my problems.

        I remember that by looking at Regex Coach I felt RegexBuddy would be
        better for getting things done (despite the cost), but I can't
        remember why exactly.

        Features of RegexBuddy that I found really useful (and that saved me a
        lot of trial and error testing time with some more complex regex
        problems) are:

        - "Sample View" or whatever the feature really is called - you can
        load any file as a "sample" into a special edit control inside the
        application and your regex will be run against this, if you like with
        life refresh, as far as I remember. So will show you the effect of
        what you are doing in real time without affecting your valuable live data.

        - Once your regex is settled to the state you think it's right you can
        export it in the proper format for a couple of programming languages
        to get a ready-to-use code snippet. NoteTab Clip Syntax is not in the
        range of supported formats, sadly ... ;-)

        AFAIK RegexBuddy is just the only program for that the author offers
        no Demo/Shareware Version, only the buy-then-download, plus it's
        money-back guarantee.

        The program is good, anyway, and I personally trust the author since
        years now. I'm as sure as I can be that you will get your money back
        if you decide to do a try-buy and then find the program is not worth
        the money to you...

        Sorry for the late feedback!

        I assume, Sheri's answer helped you solving your problem?

        Regards
        Stefan