Re: [NTO] Microsoft security updates

  • Mordechai
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
      Hello and Thanks,
      Oh yes, I had my lesson the hard way, and still I will not install SP2 as I
      read many anti SP2 articles here and there about programs stopped etc.
      However, since MS (as I already mentioned) will stop supporting sp1 systems,
      I have downloaded ALL security updates for this system untill now, keep them
      on a CD, and when I reinstall win xp+sp1, I first make a backup, install
      those security updates, and only then, if everything is OK, install all
      other programs.
      If I am wrong please let me know.
      Thanks to all,
      Mordechai
      airflow@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2006
        Hi
        I hope you are sitting behind a good firewall ,without SP2 there is no
        visible firewall and you are about 35 security updates behind, you are a
        little open to the world.
        THANKYOU DAVE M