Re: [NTO] Not what it says on the tin

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
      Sorry to hear that. Have you tried searching for specific files
      contained in the folder? They just might be hiding somewhere else.
      Guess you know to do some sort of backup before trying that again . . .

      --- Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold <change@...> wrote:

      > Yesterday I deleted my wife's account on teh Wondows XP because she
      > preferred my
      > settings. It said remove the user but keep the files (one option) so
      > I chose it. It said all would be
      > in a folder called Elena on the Desktop. So when the account was gone
      > I looked in the folder
      > Elena on the Desktop and there were no files in it. Recent efforts
      > and savings have all been
      > lost. Assuming there is no system restore for this, how can I get the
      > files back when they have
      > seemingly vanished? I assume they have just been marked absent, not
      > even in the bin.
      >
      > Adrian Worsfold

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Stan Blazejewski
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2006
        Some time back when I deleted a number of accounts on my system, it worked fine
        and moved each 'my documents' folder, suitably renamed to the appropriate
        username, into 'my' my documents folder.... you might like to have a look for
        new folders in you my documents folder.

        On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:20:31 +0100, you wrote:

        >Yesterday I deleted my wife's account on teh Wondows XP because she preferred my
        >settings. It said remove the user but keep the files (one option) so I chose it. It said all would be
        >in a folder called Elena on the Desktop. So when the account was gone I looked in the folder
        >Elena on the Desktop and there were no files in it. Recent efforts and savings have all been
        >lost. Assuming there is no system restore for this, how can I get the files back when they have
        >seemingly vanished? I assume they have just been marked absent, not even in the bin.
        >
        >Adrian Worsfold
        >
        >http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        stanblaz@...