Re: [NTO] Anybody Using Skype?

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2006
      --- Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:

      > >> I cannot find where to turn it off in any of the places to check
      > >> like in Startup, the program itself, Run in RegEdit...
      > >>
      > >> Happy Topics,
      > >> Jody

      Jody . . . I was just investigating Skype a bit more and ran acrosss
      this fix to keep Skype from trying to connect:

      1. Open
      2. Sign Out
      3. Untick "Log me in when Skype starts".

      Could it be that easy??

      sisterscape

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • freeop
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 14, 2006
        Long time Lurker here and even longer time NT Pro user. Just wanting to
        get some feedback in case someone has ever used MySpace and tried
        editing the pages there.

        I have found some interesting information using CSS and other types of
        codes in the Profile Editing section, but was wanting to get some more
        detailed info from anyone that has had success changing the pages there.
        Nothing fancy or exotic, just some basic Background and box editing.

        If at all possible also, does anyone know of a good place to learn more.
        Everywhere I look they want you to use their backgrounds and ad
        intensified sites. I am not into that, just want a little help.

        Thanks so much in advance. I posted this in the NTO section as I really
        didn't think MySpace was appropriate for NTB.

        Thanks again...
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 6, 2006
          Hi sisterscape and All,

          I haven't found the time to thank you all for your input. I ended
          up just downgrading. >sisterscape...

          >Jody . . . I was just investigating Skype a bit more and ran acrosss
          >this fix to keep Skype from trying to connect:
          >
          >1. Open
          >2. Sign Out
          >3. Untick "Log me in when Skype starts".
          >
          >Could it be that easy??

          No, I actually want that set. It is not suppose to connect, it
          will check for a connection for awhile and then give up (stop
          spinning in the tray). What that feature does is if there is a
          connection, then it automatically logs in. That I want to happen
          so Eric and I can do instant messages. I cannot get a high speed
          connection out here, so we don't use it as a phone. Eric does,
          but with my 56KB almost all the time it is broken up too bad for
          us to use the phone part. The chat works fine though. A year or
          two ago I think it was about 2 cents a minute for overseas phone
          calls using it. One buys the time from Skype. I hear it works
          real well if you have a high speed connection.

          I don't know when I'll be back trying to clean out this In box,
          so if anybody replies, uh... ;) If anybody ever needs me, just
          write me at support at Fookes-:)com

          I sure hope to get all caught up some day! :(

          All Fookes Software discussion mailing lists with brief
          description of lists and easy sign-on/off...
          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          The NoteTab Off-Topic List
          mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com (Subscribe)