Re: [NTO] Anybody Using Skype?

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2006
      Jody wrote:
      > Hi Tim,
      >
      >> Have you tried going off-line before you close it down?
      >
      > Yes, I always shut down almost everything before shutting down
      > Windows. Still on dialup 56KB out here in the sticks.

      Skype is designed for WinXP using broadband. One of the earlier version
      of Skype will work with Win98SE but not unless you have broadband.
      --
      Take care. Barry UK
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2006
        --- Barry <barry@...> wrote:

        > Skype is designed for WinXP using broadband. One of the earlier
        > version
        > of Skype will work with Win98SE but not unless you have broadband.
        > --
        > Take care. Barry UK

        This is good to know. I actually downloaded Skype a few weeks ago but
        hesitated to install because I am still on dialup. Now I know not to
        bother. Thanks.

        sisterscape

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John Mitchell
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2006
          SS - I know people who use Skype successfully on dial-up. Just resist
          the urge to enable video and you may find audio performance acceptable.

          Regards, John M

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2006
            --- Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:

            > >> I cannot find where to turn it off in any of the places to check
            > >> like in Startup, the program itself, Run in RegEdit...
            > >>
            > >> Happy Topics,
            > >> Jody

            Jody . . . I was just investigating Skype a bit more and ran acrosss
            this fix to keep Skype from trying to connect:

            1. Open
            2. Sign Out
            3. Untick "Log me in when Skype starts".

            Could it be that easy??

            sisterscape

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • freeop
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 14, 2006
              Long time Lurker here and even longer time NT Pro user. Just wanting to
              get some feedback in case someone has ever used MySpace and tried
              editing the pages there.

              I have found some interesting information using CSS and other types of
              codes in the Profile Editing section, but was wanting to get some more
              detailed info from anyone that has had success changing the pages there.
              Nothing fancy or exotic, just some basic Background and box editing.

              If at all possible also, does anyone know of a good place to learn more.
              Everywhere I look they want you to use their backgrounds and ad
              intensified sites. I am not into that, just want a little help.

              Thanks so much in advance. I posted this in the NTO section as I really
              didn't think MySpace was appropriate for NTB.

              Thanks again...
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 6, 2006
                Hi sisterscape and All,

                I haven't found the time to thank you all for your input. I ended
                up just downgrading. >sisterscape...

                >Jody . . . I was just investigating Skype a bit more and ran acrosss
                >this fix to keep Skype from trying to connect:
                >
                >1. Open
                >2. Sign Out
                >3. Untick "Log me in when Skype starts".
                >
                >Could it be that easy??

                No, I actually want that set. It is not suppose to connect, it
                will check for a connection for awhile and then give up (stop
                spinning in the tray). What that feature does is if there is a
                connection, then it automatically logs in. That I want to happen
                so Eric and I can do instant messages. I cannot get a high speed
                connection out here, so we don't use it as a phone. Eric does,
                but with my 56KB almost all the time it is broken up too bad for
                us to use the phone part. The chat works fine though. A year or
                two ago I think it was about 2 cents a minute for overseas phone
                calls using it. One buys the time from Skype. I hear it works
                real well if you have a high speed connection.

                I don't know when I'll be back trying to clean out this In box,
                so if anybody replies, uh... ;) If anybody ever needs me, just
                write me at support at Fookes-:)com

                I sure hope to get all caught up some day! :(

                All Fookes Software discussion mailing lists with brief
                description of lists and easy sign-on/off...
                http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                The NoteTab Off-Topic List
                mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com (Subscribe)