Re: Spam:*******, Re: [NTO] not recieving messages

  • David Smart
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24 7:44 PM
      I made a distinction in one of my messages. I have no problem at all with
      an ISP flagging something as spam (i.e. they think it is spam). This allows
      me to divert them somewhere and look at them as a group, and with a
      suspicious eye. (This is exactly what I do on my own machines, using the
      POPFile spam filter - so I'd be completely happy if my ISP did it.)

      However, I would not approve of an ISP then deleting messages it had flagged
      as spam. This would not be proper at all.

      From what you say, it sounds as though your ISP might have stepped across
      this gap and actually deleted e-mails. It also sounds as though they
      realise their error and are doing something about it. All things
      considered, I'd rather have an ISP that admits mistakes and fixes them, than
      one that doesn't admit to making mistakes in the first place.

      Regards, Dave S