Re: [NTO] v5 will be FREE to V4 users?

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 23, 2006
      Hello Josh, John, Others...

      This is a correction of a typo in the second paragraph below. It
      read, "I *may be* 50% of the new cost for new buyers, but we are
      unsure about any pricing at this time." The "I" should have been
      "It" and I corrected it below and directly below I made it say:

      It *may be* 50% of the new cost for new buyers, but we are
      unsure about any pricing at this time.

      >I realize that I posted in the past that there would probably be
      >a free upgrade to version 5 of NoteTab. I based that on what Eric
      >told me and what he believed at the time.
      >
      >However, due to a change in major plans about NoteTab and
      >specifically a total rewrite of the program (probably not
      >happening, at least for a long, long time) we are now probably
      >going to charge an upgrade fee. It *may be* 50% of the new cost
      >for new buyers, but we are unsure about any pricing at this time.
      >
      >V4 users have been receiving free upgrades for about 8-10 years
      >now. The program has grown tremendously during that time. We
      >could have easily been up to v7 by now charging 3 upgrade fees.
      >
      >The good news about v5 though is that Eric Fookes, the developer
      >of NoteTab, has upgraded his code to Delphi 6 (?) which he uses
      >to program NoteTab with. That means that he will be encouraged to
      >do more programming using the same input control in NoteTab. (See
      >NoteTab | Glossary for terms you do not understand.) He uses
      >NoteTab a whole lot, so the program is not in the plans to to die
      >at all; unthinkable as far as Fookes Software is concerned at
      >this time.
      >
      >So, we will see more features coming, but unfortunately the
      >highly requested customizable syntax highlighting will not come
      >to be nor the better blocking tool for working with
      >columns/blocks/fields of data anytime soon or maybe not at all. :(
      >
      >V5 already has a much further advanced Regular Expression engine
      >(PCRE) for those that use RegExp. Some features will perhaps be
      >added to v5 for its first release. It fixes a number of bugs
      >including the compatibility with WinXP and user accounts, not
      >being able to change settings and opening more than one file from
      >Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and/or long file paths.
      >
      >>On 5/9/06, John Zeman <john041650@...> wrote:
      >>> My personal opinion is I'd rather pay an upgrade fee for V5
      >>> just so I'd finally have some proof that I am a registered
      >>> user. It's been so long since I bought NoteTab V4 I have no
      >>> idea how I became a registered user originally. I know I paid
      >>> for it, but that's all I remember.
      >>>
      >>> John
      >>>
      >> Josh Simmons wrote:
      >> While I basically agree with this, I purchased Pro I can't even
      >> remember how long ago at version 4.9 something, and can't
      >> recall ever seeing an update, but this not a complaint. Note
      >> tab has made things allot easier for me in terms of
      >> organization of text files, and I use it for all my web coding
      >> (ASM for microcontrollers too, though I seem to have lost the
      >> clipbook I made). It has worked quite well for me, with only
      >> minor issues for such a full-featured editor, and I would have
      >> no complaints about paying an upgrade fee, but I'd still be
      >> quite happy to receive it free. :)

      All Fookes Software discussion mailing lists with brief
      description of lists and easy sign-on/off...
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com (Subscribe)
    • Josh - CK
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
        On 6/23/06, Don - HtmlFixIt.com <don@...> wrote:
        > Look for the clip in libraries folder under your notetab file that is
        > probably in programs folder. Failing that, try a search of files on the
        > computer looking for .clb files and see if you can find it. There may
        > also be a .bak copy of the clips in the library folder. Not what you
        > were asking, but figured I'd try to help.
        > --

        'Lost' as in not moved from an old PC, not like it just disappeared on me, heh.

        Thanks anyway,
        Josh Simmons