Reading .txt & .otl from DOS

  • Sky-Surfer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2000
      Hi All...

      All this talk of reformatting C Drive has got me a bit
      nostalgic... (Yeah-right!)

      Does anyone know of the easiest way to read UNWRAPPED text (or
      outlined documents) while in DOS mode? I have tons of
      "Reformatting Tips", but just realized yesterday that DOS' Edit
      command does not wrap the text. (DOS is definitely not my
      forte...!!)

      If I get into a bind while in the middle of reformatting, I would
      rather not spend the afternoon scrolling right, then left, then
      right, then left, just to find the needed tip.

      Thanx in advance!

      Skylight
    • Sky-Surfer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2000
        Hi All...

        I believe I have found the answer to my current dilemma...
        (NoNags to the rescue... once again... LOL)

        I found a DOS editor with, word wrap, hotkeys, macro recording,
        and so many more undiscovered features... And get this:
        Freeware...

        The programs name is Pedit
        http://www.goldshell.com/pedit/

        * I formatted a floppy, including system files...
        * Unzipped the latest version of Pedit 4.00 onto that floppy...
        * Rebooted into DOS
        * And simply ran the "pedit.exe".

        No Install...!!
        User friendly = )

        For the record, remember to check out "Alt+F1" once the program
        loads to see some common shortcuts and options menu.

        Hope this info helps somebody...

        Sky